Amiga Computers at VCF E?

    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 28, 2011
      Anyone planning on exhibiting an Amiga system at VCF E this year?

      Bill Degnan
    • Kelly D. Leavitt
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 28, 2011
        B. Degnan wrote:
        > Anyone planning on exhibiting an Amiga system at VCF E this year?

        Would you like to see one, or were you thinking so yourself. I could do something simple with an A2000 if you would just like to see something. Otherwise I have no ideas.

        Evan:
        Did you want me to run the book/consignment sale again instead of an exhibit? I never have any good ideas anyway.

        Kelly
      • J. Alexander Jacocks
        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 28, 2011
          On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 12:39 PM, Kelly D. Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:

          B. Degnan wrote:
          > Anyone planning on exhibiting an Amiga system at VCF E this year?

          Would you like to see one, or were you thinking so yourself. I could do something simple with an A2000 if you would just like to see something. Otherwise I have no ideas.

          Evan:
          Did you want me to run the book/consignment sale again instead of an exhibit? I never have any good ideas anyway.

          Kelly

          If desired, I could exhibit an A1200 or an A4000.

          What kind of exhibit would be interesting?  Demos?

          - Alex
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 28, 2011

            > B. Degnan wrote:
            > > Anyone planning on exhibiting an Amiga system at VCF E this year?
            >

            > Would you like to see one, or were you thinking so yourself. I could do
            something simple with an A2000 if you would just like to see something.
            Otherwise I have no ideas.

            > Evan:
            > Did you want me to run the book/consignment sale again instead of an
            exhibit? I never have any good ideas anyway.

            That's the spirit! .... What do you mean? you have good ideas. I would
            think for example a Tandy 2000 exhibit running Windows 1.0 would be cool.

            As far as Amigas go, Bil Herd will be running a workshop, and his area of
            expertise is Amiga. It might be a good year to have at least one nice
            Amiga exhibit given the circumstances. I would like to learn more about
            them myself.

            Bill
          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 28, 2011
              Bill is back???

              Nice... Ok... I sound like a fan boy, but seriously that dude is cool.

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 28, 2011
                > > B. Degnan wrote:
                > > > Anyone planning on exhibiting an Amiga system at VCF E this year?
                > >

                > If desired, I could exhibit an A1200 or an A4000.
                >
                > What kind of exhibit would be interesting? Demos?
                >
                > - Alex

                An exhibit that demonstrates what you can do with an Amiga, what makes it
                unique/special/historical. Try to capture your exhibit with a clear
                statement like

                Amiga was a powerful 32-bit multitasking system

                Here is how the Amiga Video Toaster was used to produce special effects for
                late 90's sci-fi television (Babylon 5, etc.).

                An exhibit with a 1987 MAC/OS2/Amiga so people can compare and contrast the
                early GUIs.

                etc.
              • J. Alexander Jacocks
                Message 7 of 11 , Dec 28, 2011
                  On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 1:04 PM, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

                  > B. Degnan wrote:
                  > > Anyone planning on exhibiting an Amiga system at VCF E this year?
                  >

                  > Would you like to see one, or were you thinking so yourself. I could do
                  something simple with an A2000 if you would just like to see something.
                  Otherwise I have no ideas.

                  > Evan:
                  > Did you want me to run the book/consignment sale again instead of an
                  exhibit? I never have any good ideas anyway.

                  That's the spirit! .... What do you mean? you have good ideas. I would
                  think for example a Tandy 2000 exhibit running Windows 1.0 would be cool.

                  As far as Amigas go, Bil Herd will be running a workshop, and his area of
                  expertise is Amiga. It might be a good year to have at least one nice
                  Amiga exhibit given the circumstances. I would like to learn more about
                  them myself.

                  Bill

                  Ah...I should bring my Commodore 128, then too, since Bil was the key guy behind that machine (and, it's my favorite 8-bit system).

                  Any ideas for software/hardware to demo are welcome!
                  - Alex
                • Matt Patoray
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 28, 2011
                    If I was going this year I have a Video Toaster system with A/B roll editing on Panasonic MII equipment.

                    I may bring that setup next year, it will take 2 tables for sure.

                    Matt

                    Sent from my iPhone

                    Message 9 of 11 , Dec 28, 2011
                      >>> Evan: Did you want me to run the book/consignment sale again

                      Yes, please do. You were good at that.
                      Message 10 of 11 , Dec 28, 2011
                        >>> Bill is back??? Nice... Ok... I sound like a fan boy, but seriously that dude is cool.

                        Indeed! Bil (one 'l') agreed to run a hands-on workshop for VCF. Topic is to be determined. Either generic Commodore, or maybe generic 8-bit micro repair.
                      • Christian Liendo
                        Message 11 of 11 , Dec 29, 2011
                          Ok,,

                          Evan remind me not to listen to you and go get radios because I want to go to his class.
                          ;)
                          From: Evan Koblentz <evan@...>