Great night

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 21, 2011
      The computer group from the Trenton Boys/Girls Club visited our museum
      today. They arrived in a full-size yellow school bus -- it's part of
      Fred's dream to see the IA parking lot full of those someday. Anyway,
      there were 8 kids and an adult chaperone. They toured our computer
      exhibits from 5:15 to 6:45. The kids were all high school age with
      decent knowledge of Windows and networking, but not much else. They were
      all polite and smart. It is good to see that these kids are interested
      in tech and they all said they plan to attend college, despite having
      limited means and opportunities.

      After the computer museum tour, they had a pizza party. Their bus was
      late getting back, so they looked around the NJARC museum, and they
      liked that part too.

      The chaperone gave Fred a $75 donation, and said she'll try to bring
      these kids (and other kids) to VCF East.

      Several of the kids told me the experience was a lot of fun for them,
      and that they learned a lot.

      A very rewarding evening!