tiny bubbles, on the brain ...

  • Jeff Jonas
    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
      DAMN YOU ... I keep hearing that Bubble Music from the game over and over and over ... I CAN'T TURN IT OFF!
    • brian_cirulnick
      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Jonas" <jeff_s_jonas@...> wrote:

        > DAMN YOU ... I keep hearing that Bubble Music from the game over and over and over ... I CAN'T TURN IT OFF!

        --------------

        Speaking of which, I now feel permanently damaged from the viewing of "Electric Dreams", but I noticed something is critically wrong with the script of the film (aside from the obvious -- that it's bad!) -- which is that they never finished the STORY -- the computer never completed the puzzle piece he spent half the movie trying to create!

        Yikes, how could they let that slip?

        Nevermind... It's just a bad, bad, terrible, awful movie.
        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011

          > > DAMN YOU ... I keep hearing that Bubble Music from the game over and
          over and over ... I CAN'T TURN IT OFF!

          > --------------
          >
          > Speaking of which, I now feel permanently damaged from the viewing of
          "Electric Dreams", but I noticed something is critically wrong with the
          script of the film (aside from the obvious -- that it's bad!) -- which is
          that they never finished the STORY -- the computer never completed the
          puzzle piece he spent half the movie trying to create!

          > Yikes, how could they let that slip?
          >
          > Nevermind... It's just a bad, bad, terrible, awful movie.

          There is a full circle thing here, because the movie was so bad I think I
          want to see it again, Mystery Science Theater style.

          Bill
        • Andy Meyer
          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
            On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 1:35 PM, brian_cirulnick wrote:
            > the computer never completed the puzzle piece he spent half the movie trying to create!

            Yeah he did. It was just buried in one of the trippy music video segments.
          • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
            Message 5 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
              "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> writes:

              >There is a full circle thing here, because the movie was so bad I think
              >I want to see it again, Mystery Science Theater style.

              Masochist!
            • mattmik_yahoo
              Message 6 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
                I wish I could have stayed to see the whole thing. I'm tempted to purchase a beta player just so I can finish it. Hahaha! That, or Laser Disc.
              • Christian Liendo
                Message 7 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
                  @Brian.
                  It's not a bad movie.. The only reason you didn't like it is because no one died.
                • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                  Message 8 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
                    Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> writes:

                    >@Brian. It's not a bad movie.. The only reason you didn't like it is
                    >because no one died.

                    Why must somebody die to have a good movie?
                  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                    Message 9 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011

                      http://www.kat.ph/electric-dreams-1984-dvdrip-xvid-rcdivx-t3346486.html
                      Message 10 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
                        >>> I'm tempted to purchase a beta player just so I can finish it.

                        BitTorrent.

                        Message 11 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
                          "system@..." <system@...> writes:

                          >Why must somebody die to have a good movie?

                          Because thats what happens in action movies, Brian likes SciFi and Action movies or SciFi/Action flicks..

                          Electric Dreams is a love story, with a computer thrown in..
                          Message 12 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
                            On 12/12/2011 05:28 PM, system@... wrote:
                            >> @Brian. It's not a bad movie.. The only reason you didn't like it is
                            >> because no one died.
                            >
                            > Why must somebody die to have a good movie?

                            'Cause this is MERKA!

                            --
                            Dave McGuire
                            New Kensington, PA
                            Message 13 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
                              Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> writes:

                              >>Why must somebody die to have a good movie? =A0 Because thats what
                              >happens in action movies, Brian likes SciFi and Action m= ovies or
                              >SciFi/Action flicks..

                              This Brian prefers good comedy if he's going to waste the time watching.

                              >Electric Dreams is a love story, with a computer thrown in..

                              You're too kind! ;)
                            • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                              Message 14 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
                                Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

                                > 'Cause this is MERKA!

                                ???
                                Message 15 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
                                  On 12/12/2011 05:39 PM, system@... wrote:
                                  >> 'Cause this is MERKA!
                                  >
                                  > ???

                                  "America" as pronounced by the rednecks who now seem to be very much
                                  in the majority here.

                                  Dave McGuire
                                  New Kensington, PA
                                • mattmik
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
                                    >>> BitTorrent.

                                    Let's be serious here. I'm sure Ian would agree with me that Electric Dreams can only be watched using true 1980s technology. Not using these new-fangled torrent websites!
                                  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
                                      Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

                                      > "America" as pronounced by the rednecks who now seem to be very much
                                      >in the majority here.

                                      You're entitled to your opinion but, from looking about the room on
                                      Saturday evening, what I saw one would NEVER classify as a redneck.
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
                                        >>> "America" as pronounced by the rednecks who now seem to be very much in the majority here.

                                        >> You're entitled to your opinion but, from looking about the room on
                                        Saturday evening

                                        He meant "here" as in where he lives in western PA. Not as in MARCH.
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
                                          On 12/12/2011 07:31 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                                          >>> You're entitled to your opinion but, from looking about the room on
                                          > Saturday evening
                                          >
                                          > He meant "here" as in where he lives in western PA. Not as in MARCH.

                                          Actually I meant "here" as in "the USA". Western PA does have its
                                          fair share of rednecks (note its proximity to WV) but the Pittsburgh
                                          area in particular is VERY dense with high-tech and thinking
                                          people...and very few pickup trucks with lift kits and exhaust tips.
                                          That's one of the reasons I moved here; it's the polar opposite of SW FL.

                                          Dave McGuire
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
                                            >>> Actually I meant "here" as in "the USA". Western PA does have its
                                            fair share of rednecks (note its proximity to WV) but the Pittsburgh
                                            area in particular is VERY dense with high-tech and thinking
                                            people...

                                            Okay. Regardless, you didn't mean our computer club, and I was trying to prevent unnecessary list mayhem. :)
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
                                              On 12/12/2011 07:44 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
                                              > fair share of rednecks (note its proximity to WV) but the Pittsburgh
                                              > area in particular is VERY dense with high-tech and thinking
                                              > people...
                                              >
                                              > Okay. Regardless, you didn't mean our computer club, and I was trying to prevent unnecessary list mayhem. :)

                                              Oh, of course not, good heavens. I'm sorry if it came across that way!

                                              Dave McGuire
                                              Message 22 of 24 , Dec 12, 2011
                                                At 06:39 PM 12/12/2011, you wrote:

                                                >Let's be serious here. I'm sure Ian would agree with me that
                                                >Electric Dreams can only be watched using true 1980s technology. Not
                                                >using these new-fangled torrent websites!

                                                I "torrented" it over dinner, now I can watch over and over. and over.
                                              • s100doctor
                                                Message 23 of 24 , Dec 14, 2011
                                                  --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, mattmik_yahoo <mikolaym@...> wrote:

                                                  > I wish I could have stayed to see the whole thing. I'm tempted to purchase a beta player just so I can finish it. Hahaha! That, or Laser Disc.

                                                  Happens I have "War Games" on a videodisk, the RCA kind not the Laserdisk. - Herb
                                                • Mr Ian Primus
                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Dec 14, 2011
                                                    --- On Wed, 12/14/11, s100doctor <hjohnson@...> wrote:

                                                    > > I wish I could have stayed to see the whole thing. I'm
                                                    > tempted to purchase a beta player just so I can finish it.
                                                    > Hahaha! That, or Laser Disc.
                                                    > >

                                                    > Happens I have "War Games" on a videodisk, the RCA kind not
                                                    > the Laserdisk. - Herb

                                                    Haha. Nice. Maybe next year I'll have to bring a CED player. I have a few good movies on CED.

                                                    Although, the format does have it's drawbacks (the skipping, the video noise, etc) and has not aged particularly well...

                                                    -Ian