Party

    Message 1 of 29 , Dec 7, 2011
      I'm giving up on our horribly incomplete "who's going" list. Now, I am
      just taking for granted that the usual 15 or so people will show up. :)

      So, to those people: I look forward to seeing you all. Bring good stuff
      to eat / entertain.
      Message 2 of 29 , Dec 7, 2011
        > I'm giving up on our horribly incomplete "who's going" list. Now, I am just taking for granted that the usual 15 or so people will show up. :)
        >
        > So, to those people: I look forward to seeing you all. Bring good stuff to eat / entertain.

        PS - I'm taking off work this Friday and will be doing museum stuff most
        of the day. It would be great if anybody wants to come help!
      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 29 , Dec 7, 2011
          >I'm giving up on our horribly incomplete "who's going" list. Now, I am
          >just taking for granted that the usual 15 or so people will show up. :)

          I was thinking that next year I would sent out direct e-mail invites, since
          there are apparently people that don’t check this list often and only find
          out about the party through word of mouth or by accident. I would be curious
          to know when everyone is arriving.
        • Jeffrey Brace
          Message 4 of 29 , Dec 7, 2011
            > I'm giving up on our horribly incomplete "who's going" list. Now, I am
            > just taking for granted that the usual 15 or so people will show up. :)
            >
            > So, to those people: I look forward to seeing you all. Bring good stuff to
            > eat / entertain.

            Obviously you haven't looked at my google doc to see what you are bringing
            for entertainment !
            https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aot1Lys9TBOPdGsxaDlkeW44WE1ldzhUYU9PVG14aFE&hl=en_US#gid=0
          • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
            Message 5 of 29 , Dec 8, 2011
              "Jeffrey Brace" <ark72axow@...> writes:

              >{...snip...}
              >Obviously you haven't looked at my google doc to see what you are
              >bringing for entertainment !
              >https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aot1Lys9TBOPdGsxaDlkeW44WE1ldzhUYU9PVG14aFE&hl=en_US#gid=0

              ROTFLMFAO! Bad jokes! :)

              Pretty light list otherwise.
              Message 6 of 29 , Dec 8, 2011
                >>> Obviously you haven't looked at my google doc to see what you are bringing for entertainment !

                No workie on phone (or at least not easily) ... what crazy thing did you put by my name??
                Message 7 of 29 , Dec 8, 2011
                  >>> Obviously you haven't looked at my google doc to see what you are bringing for entertainment !

                  Oh, I see it now.

                  They are a part of me.

                  I trust that people will just magically bring whatever we might need. It happens every year.

                  I have three bags of ice in my freezer. But I don't have a large cooler.

                  Will also bring some chips and stuff. Also, my traditional bucket of KFC for anyone who shows up early Saturday afternoon.
                  Message 8 of 29 , Dec 8, 2011
                    I have 7 bags of ice in my freezer from two years ago that I will bring,
                    they were left outside during May two years ago, but they refroze into one
                    conventient chunk each. So are they still good. I can re-chop them with a
                    hammer or something.

                    Bill Degnan

                    Message 9 of 29 , Dec 8, 2011
                      Just kidding
                      Bill Degnan

                      Message 10 of 29 , Dec 8, 2011
                        Message 11 of 29 , Dec 8, 2011
                          > I trust that people will just magically bring whatever we might need. It
                          > happens every year.

                          Yeah, it certainly seems to happen that way, even duplicates of stuff. I
                          guess that is the magic of Festivus ! ;) I keep bringing stuff because of
                          fear that no one else will and it ends up being in naught.
                          Message 12 of 29 , Dec 9, 2011
                            >>> When will you be there ? I want to drop off some stuff.

                            Probably in the afternoon. I'll text you when I go.
                          • mattmik
                            Message 13 of 29 , Dec 9, 2011
                              I'll be bringing penne vodka and some sort of baked good. What's the official start time of the party?

                              And what's the unofficial start time? In other words, does anything else need to be set up?

                              Message 14 of 29 , Dec 9, 2011
                                >>> I'll be bringing penne vodka and some sort of baked good.

                                Great.

                                >>> What's the official start time of the party?

                                Tomorrow in the early afternoon. Or whenever.

                                >>> In other words, does anything else need to be set up?

                                We're winging it. This isn't that OTHER vcf where everything is all structured.
                              • Jeffrey Brace
                                Message 15 of 29 , Dec 9, 2011
                                  >> In other words, does anything else need to be set up?

                                  >We're winging it. This isn't that OTHER vcf where everything is all structured

                                  I believe that the space is clear of Halloween stuff. I believe that there are tables there, but not sure if enough are there. Also I'm not sure about the chairs situation. Also the place was not cleaned. So someone should at least clean the tables off.

                                  Also no one said anything about power cords, power strips, tv or DVD player, so I will be bring that and maybe more, because I'm not sure if anyone is definitely bringing or not.

                                  What about movies ? Anyone bring those ?

                                  Message 16 of 29 , Dec 9, 2011
                                    >>> I believe that the space is clear of Halloween stuff. I believe that there are tables there, but not sure if enough are there. Also I'm not sure about the chairs situation. Also the place was not cleaned. So someone should at least clean the tables off.

                                    Jeff: I'm here working on it today. And I'm exerting my presidential power to tell you, in those grand words of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, "Don't Panic!"

                                    >>> Also no one said anything about power cords, power strips, tv or DVD player, so I will be bring that and maybe more, because I'm not sure if anyone is definitely bringing or not.

                                    Okey dokey.

                                    >>> What about movies ? Anyone bring those ?

                                    The plan is for you and Degnan to act out all the scenes.
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Dec 9, 2011
                                      >>> I believe that the space is clear of Halloween stuff. I believe that there are tables there, but not sure if enough are there. Also I'm not sure about the chairs situation. Also the place was not cleaned. So someone should at least clean the tables off.

                                      >> Jeff: I'm here working on it today.

                                      PS - What could possibly go wrong? :)
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Dec 9, 2011

                                        >The plan is for you and Degnan to act out all the scenes.

                                        I get to be Spock
                                      • Jeffrey Brace
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Dec 9, 2011
                                          >>> What about movies ? Anyone bring those ?

                                          >The plan is for you and Degnan to act out all the scenes.

                                          >> I get to be Spock

                                          I get to be Khan !
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Dec 10, 2011
                                            On Dec 9, 2011, at 11:08 PM, "Jeffrey Brace" <ark72axow@...> wrote:
                                            What about movies ? Anyone bring those ?

                                            The plan is for you and Degnan to act out all the scenes.

                                            I get to be Spock

                                            I get to be Khan !

                                              KHAN!!!

                                            --
                                            Dave McGuire

                                            Message 21 of 29 , Dec 10, 2011
                                              Rumor has it that Wozniak is in NYC today and may pop in to say hello! Also, Curt Vendel may join us.

                                              Hey, some rumors come true.
                                            • Mouse
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Dec 12, 2011
                                                Party was great, I had fun until my 8pm violent food poisoning
                                                episode. Today, Mon Dec 12 09:27 it feels like nothing ever happened.
                                                Can't wait to enjoy VCF again next year sans projectile vomiting.

                                                Good to see you all! Happy holidays!

                                                -mouse
                                              • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                                                Message 23 of 29 , Dec 12, 2011
                                                  Mouse <mouse@...> writes:

                                                  >Party was great, I had fun until my 8pm violent food poisoning episode.
                                                  >Today, Mon Dec 12 09:27 it feels like nothing ever happened. Can't wait
                                                  >to enjoy VCF again next year sans projectile vomiting.

                                                  Food poisoning? Doubtful but...

                                                  >Good to see you all! Happy holidays!
                                                  >
                                                  >-mouse

                                                  Must have been some bad cheese! :)