More about our new shelving units

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2011
      When there's time (probably the weekend after our party), we will
      assemble the rest of our new shelving units, and we'll start putting
      things on them. The plan is to pick brands and start putting
      appropriately-sized systems on their own dedicated shelving units. For
      example, A for Apple -- we can fill a whole unit with with our many ][
      systems (on their edges atop the shelf liner to save space),
      classic-shaped Macs, and our two or three Lisa 2 computers, while D for
      DEC -- we have two 11/05 boxes, several microVAX, and the 8/e -- all
      currently unracked. From now on, instead of having these things
      scattered around, they'll be in one place, and they'll be movable with
      very little effort. It will also look very nice.

      For VCF East last May, I hoped to get our storage space organized, and I
      hoped that InfoAge would have a certificate of occupancy for that part
      of the H-buildings, so we could show our visitors such "visible storage"
      with pride. It didn't happen in time. Maybe for next year. :)
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2011
        >For VCF East last May, I hoped to get our storage space organized, and I
        >hoped that InfoAge would have a certificate of occupancy for that part
        >of the H-buildings, so we could show our visitors such "visible storage"
        >with pride. It didn't happen in time. Maybe for next year. :)

        Sounds great ! Organized *and* looking good. I like it ! No more hunting
        about. Now how about more lighting (and heating) in there for when we are
        searching for things in the cold and dark ?