Looking for a part

  • Bob Applegate
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2011
      I haven't located a place that'll sell me a couple of these, so hopefully someone in rhe group is willing to part with a couple for $$$ or a parts trade.

      I need two Exar 22-908-03 chips. They were commonly used in capacitive keyboards of the 70s and 80s, particularly by Key Tronic. I've got two dead Franklin keyboards, both of which were given reverse voltage so all the parts are fried. Bit by bit I've been locating all the parts to rebuild them, including the EPROM and 8048, but no luck on this part so far.

      A number of places have these parts, but you need to buy large dollar amounts. Maybe we can batch up an order for a number of hard-to-find devices that others want and place one big order, then distribute the parts.

      BTW, if anyone needs parts, toss a note onto the list so some of us can look through our collections.

      Bob
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2011
        Bob,
        I searched, not found.

        FYI - My list of inventoried chips is on my web site, so you can use
        the search to see what I have or visit:

        I try to record them as they come in, but it's not realistic to get everything.

        Bill

        At 08:59 AM 12/3/2011, you wrote:
        >I haven't located a place that'll sell me a couple of these, so
        >hopefully someone in rhe group is willing to part with a couple for
        >$$$ or a parts trade.
        >
        >I need two Exar 22-908-03 chips. They were commonly used in
        >capacitive keyboards of the 70s and 80s, particularly by Key
        >Tronic. I've got two dead Franklin keyboards, both of which were
        >given reverse voltage so all the parts are fried. Bit by bit I've
        >been locating all the parts to rebuild them, including the EPROM and
        >8048, but no luck on this part so far.
        >
        >A number of places have these parts, but you need to buy large
        >dollar amounts. Maybe we can batch up an order for a number of
        >hard-to-find devices that others want and place one big order, then
        >distribute the parts.
        >
        >BTW, if anyone needs parts, toss a note onto the list so some of us
        >can look through our collections.
        >
        >Bob

      • Bee Dee
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2011