Re: [midatlanticretro] Stuff to bring to the party...

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
      From: Mr Ian Primus
      Sent: Thursday, December 01, 2011 10:11 AM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Stuff to bring to the party...

      > Does anyone want to organize some kind of actual tournament?

      How about a simple game like artillery duel. I have a networked version
      which we can connect with two C64 with an ethernet cable. And we could do a
      bracketed tournament. I'm not sure how Bills program works, and if it will
      do such a thing.
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
        > presumably working Atari 800XL.

        Why would you presume that?

        We have several 800XLs, so you could use one of those if needed.
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
          > How about a simple game like artillery duel. I have a networked
          > version which we can connect with two C64 with an ethernet cable. And
          > we could do a bracketed tournament. I'm not sure how Bills program
          > works, and if it will do such a thing.

          Dan networked two Apple II(e?) systems at Maker Faire in 2010.
        • Jeffrey Brace
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
              >> Dan networked two Apple II(e?) systems at Maker Faire in 2010.
              > NO ! That was to C64 !

              Okay. It's all a blur to me.

              > The Apple IIe is so inferior to the C64 ;)

              Ah, go eat a year-old hamburger. :)