Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Stuff to bring to the party...

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
      "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks@...> writes:

      >On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 2:14 PM, <system@...> wrote:
      >
      >> ** > > > "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks@...> writes: > > >On
      >Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:15 PM, mattmik <mikolaym@...> wrote: > > >
      >>> ** > > > I'm up for a game of Warlords! > > > --- In > >
      >>midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> > >
      >>wrote: > > At the very least, we should get some four player games of >
      >>Warlords > going. > > > > >I'm bringing a projector, if we have a blank
      >wall and/or a portable > >screen. My portable screen is very small, so
      >it's probably not useful. > > Such as a slide projector screen? My FiL
      >was big into slide photography. > I could as, if he still has the
      >screen, to borrow it. He'll be visiting > this Sunday for my one
      >granddaughter's B'day party. If that's the type > of screen that will be
      >needed, I could ask to borrow it. >
      >
      >Yeah, any white screen should be fine, as long as it's not
      >rear-projection.

      IIRC, slide projection screens were silver-matte for better reflection
      and color. Anyway, I'll have my wife inquire about it when she speaks
      with him next.
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
        >>> if we have a blank wall and/or a portable screen.

        InfoAge has a 4-ft. screen we could use.
      • Matt Patoray
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011

          Sent from my iPhone

          On Dec 1, 2011, at 3:21 PM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

          >>> if we have a blank wall and/or a portable screen.

          InfoAge has a 4-ft. screen we could use.

        • Jeffrey Brace
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                > presumably working Atari 800XL.

                Why would you presume that?

                We have several 800XLs, so you could use one of those if needed.
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                  > How about a simple game like artillery duel. I have a networked
                  > version which we can connect with two C64 with an ethernet cable. And
                  > we could do a bracketed tournament. I'm not sure how Bills program
                  > works, and if it will do such a thing.

                  Dan networked two Apple II(e?) systems at Maker Faire in 2010.
                • Jeffrey Brace
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                      >> Dan networked two Apple II(e?) systems at Maker Faire in 2010.
                      > NO ! That was to C64 !

                      Okay. It's all a blur to me.

                      > The Apple IIe is so inferior to the C64 ;)

                      Ah, go eat a year-old hamburger. :)