Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Stuff to bring to the party...

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
      "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks@...> writes:

      >On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:15 PM, mattmik <mikolaym@...> wrote:
      >
      >> ** > > > I'm up for a game of Warlords! > > > --- In
      >midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> >
      >wrote: > > At the very least, we should get some four player games of
      >Warlords > going. >
      >
      >I'm bringing a projector, if we have a blank wall and/or a portable
      >screen. My portable screen is very small, so it's probably not useful.

      Such as a slide projector screen? My FiL was big into slide photography.
      I could as, if he still has the screen, to borrow it. He'll be visiting
      this Sunday for my one granddaughter's B'day party. If that's the type
      of screen that will be needed, I could ask to borrow it.
    • J. Alexander Jacocks
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
        On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 2:14 PM, <system@...> wrote:

        "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks@...> writes:

        >On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:15 PM, mattmik <mikolaym@...> wrote:
        >
        >> ** > > > I'm up for a game of Warlords! > > > --- In

        >midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> >
        >wrote: > > At the very least, we should get some four player games of
        >Warlords > going. >
        >
        >I'm bringing a projector, if we have a blank wall and/or a portable
        >screen. My portable screen is very small, so it's probably not useful.

        Such as a slide projector screen? My FiL was big into slide photography.
        I could as, if he still has the screen, to borrow it. He'll be visiting
        this Sunday for my one granddaughter's B'day party. If that's the type
        of screen that will be needed, I could ask to borrow it.

        Yeah, any white screen should be fine, as long as it's not rear-projection.

        - Alex
      • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
          "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks@...> writes:

          >On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 2:14 PM, <system@...> wrote:
          >
          >> ** > > > "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks@...> writes: > > >On
          >Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:15 PM, mattmik <mikolaym@...> wrote: > > >
          >>> ** > > > I'm up for a game of Warlords! > > > --- In > >
          >>midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> > >
          >>wrote: > > At the very least, we should get some four player games of >
          >>Warlords > going. > > > > >I'm bringing a projector, if we have a blank
          >wall and/or a portable > >screen. My portable screen is very small, so
          >it's probably not useful. > > Such as a slide projector screen? My FiL
          >was big into slide photography. > I could as, if he still has the
          >screen, to borrow it. He'll be visiting > this Sunday for my one
          >granddaughter's B'day party. If that's the type > of screen that will be
          >needed, I could ask to borrow it. >
          >
          >Yeah, any white screen should be fine, as long as it's not
          >rear-projection.

          IIRC, slide projection screens were silver-matte for better reflection
          and color. Anyway, I'll have my wife inquire about it when she speaks
          with him next.
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
            >>> if we have a blank wall and/or a portable screen.

            InfoAge has a 4-ft. screen we could use.
          • Matt Patoray
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011

              Sent from my iPhone

              On Dec 1, 2011, at 3:21 PM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

              >>> if we have a blank wall and/or a portable screen.

              InfoAge has a 4-ft. screen we could use.

            • Jeffrey Brace
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                    > presumably working Atari 800XL.

                    Why would you presume that?

                    We have several 800XLs, so you could use one of those if needed.
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                      > How about a simple game like artillery duel. I have a networked
                      > version which we can connect with two C64 with an ethernet cable. And
                      > we could do a bracketed tournament. I'm not sure how Bills program
                      > works, and if it will do such a thing.

                      Dan networked two Apple II(e?) systems at Maker Faire in 2010.
                    • Jeffrey Brace
                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                          >> Dan networked two Apple II(e?) systems at Maker Faire in 2010.
                          > NO ! That was to C64 !

                          Okay. It's all a blur to me.

                          > The Apple IIe is so inferior to the C64 ;)

                          Ah, go eat a year-old hamburger. :)