Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Stuff to bring to the party...

  • J. Alexander Jacocks
    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
      On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:15 PM, mattmik <mikolaym@...> wrote:

      I'm up for a game of Warlords!

      > At the very least, we should get some four player games of Warlords going.

      I'm bringing a projector, if we have a blank wall and/or a portable screen.  My portable screen is very small, so it's probably not useful.

      - Alex
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
        "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks@...> writes:

        >On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:15 PM, mattmik <mikolaym@...> wrote:
        >
        >> ** > > > I'm up for a game of Warlords! > > > --- In
        >midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> >
        >wrote: > > At the very least, we should get some four player games of
        >Warlords > going. >
        >
        >I'm bringing a projector, if we have a blank wall and/or a portable
        >screen. My portable screen is very small, so it's probably not useful.

        Such as a slide projector screen? My FiL was big into slide photography.
        I could as, if he still has the screen, to borrow it. He'll be visiting
        this Sunday for my one granddaughter's B'day party. If that's the type
        of screen that will be needed, I could ask to borrow it.
      • J. Alexander Jacocks
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
          On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 2:14 PM, <system@...> wrote:

          "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks@...> writes:

          >On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:15 PM, mattmik <mikolaym@...> wrote:
          >
          >> ** > > > I'm up for a game of Warlords! > > > --- In

          >midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> >
          >wrote: > > At the very least, we should get some four player games of
          >Warlords > going. >
          >
          >I'm bringing a projector, if we have a blank wall and/or a portable
          >screen. My portable screen is very small, so it's probably not useful.

          Such as a slide projector screen? My FiL was big into slide photography.
          I could as, if he still has the screen, to borrow it. He'll be visiting
          this Sunday for my one granddaughter's B'day party. If that's the type
          of screen that will be needed, I could ask to borrow it.

          Yeah, any white screen should be fine, as long as it's not rear-projection.

          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
            "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks@...> writes:

            >On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 2:14 PM, <system@...> wrote:
            >
            >> ** > > > "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks@...> writes: > > >On
            >Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:15 PM, mattmik <mikolaym@...> wrote: > > >
            >>> ** > > > I'm up for a game of Warlords! > > > --- In > >
            >>midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> > >
            >>wrote: > > At the very least, we should get some four player games of >
            >>Warlords > going. > > > > >I'm bringing a projector, if we have a blank
            >wall and/or a portable > >screen. My portable screen is very small, so
            >it's probably not useful. > > Such as a slide projector screen? My FiL
            >was big into slide photography. > I could as, if he still has the
            >screen, to borrow it. He'll be visiting > this Sunday for my one
            >granddaughter's B'day party. If that's the type > of screen that will be
            >needed, I could ask to borrow it. >
            >
            >Yeah, any white screen should be fine, as long as it's not
            >rear-projection.

            IIRC, slide projection screens were silver-matte for better reflection
            and color. Anyway, I'll have my wife inquire about it when she speaks
            with him next.
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
              >>> if we have a blank wall and/or a portable screen.

              InfoAge has a 4-ft. screen we could use.
            • Matt Patoray
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011

                Sent from my iPhone

                On Dec 1, 2011, at 3:21 PM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

                >>> if we have a blank wall and/or a portable screen.

                InfoAge has a 4-ft. screen we could use.

              • Jeffrey Brace
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                      > presumably working Atari 800XL.

                      Why would you presume that?

                      We have several 800XLs, so you could use one of those if needed.
                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                        > How about a simple game like artillery duel. I have a networked
                        > version which we can connect with two C64 with an ethernet cable. And
                        > we could do a bracketed tournament. I'm not sure how Bills program
                        > works, and if it will do such a thing.

                        Dan networked two Apple II(e?) systems at Maker Faire in 2010.
                      • Jeffrey Brace
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                            >> Dan networked two Apple II(e?) systems at Maker Faire in 2010.
                            > NO ! That was to C64 !

                            Okay. It's all a blur to me.

                            > The Apple IIe is so inferior to the C64 ;)

                            Ah, go eat a year-old hamburger. :)