Re: [midatlanticretro] Stuff to bring to the party...

    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
      We used to have tournaments at work where everyone picks one game of
      any kind (that way everyone has a best game for themselves). One
      witness to verify scores. I wrote a program for the C64 to tally up
      the winners of the tournament. It was a fun thing to do.
      Bill

      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
        >>> We used to have tournaments at work where everyone picks one game of any kind (that way everyone has a best game for themselves). One witness to verify scores. I wrote a program for the C64 to tally up the winners of the tournament.

        I like that plan.

        Dibs on The Empire Strikes Back game. I used to play that (and Breakout) for hours and hours.
      • mattmik
        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
          I'm up for a game of Warlords!

        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
            "mattmik" <mikolaym@...> writes:

            >I'm up for a game of Warlords!

            http://www.eventsounds.com/wav/chess.wav
          • J. Alexander Jacocks
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
              On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:15 PM, mattmik <mikolaym@...> wrote:

              I'm up for a game of Warlords!

              > At the very least, we should get some four player games of Warlords going.

              I'm bringing a projector, if we have a blank wall and/or a portable screen.  My portable screen is very small, so it's probably not useful.

              - Alex
            • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks@...> writes:

                >On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:15 PM, mattmik <mikolaym@...> wrote:
                >
                >> ** > > > I'm up for a game of Warlords! > > > --- In
                >midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> >
                >wrote: > > At the very least, we should get some four player games of
                >Warlords > going. >
                >
                >I'm bringing a projector, if we have a blank wall and/or a portable
                >screen. My portable screen is very small, so it's probably not useful.

                Such as a slide projector screen? My FiL was big into slide photography.
                I could as, if he still has the screen, to borrow it. He'll be visiting
                this Sunday for my one granddaughter's B'day party. If that's the type
                of screen that will be needed, I could ask to borrow it.
              • J. Alexander Jacocks
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                  On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 2:14 PM, <system@...> wrote:

                  "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks@...> writes:

                  >On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:15 PM, mattmik <mikolaym@...> wrote:
                  >
                  >> ** > > > I'm up for a game of Warlords! > > > --- In

                  >midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> >
                  >wrote: > > At the very least, we should get some four player games of
                  >Warlords > going. >
                  >
                  >I'm bringing a projector, if we have a blank wall and/or a portable
                  >screen. My portable screen is very small, so it's probably not useful.

                  Such as a slide projector screen? My FiL was big into slide photography.
                  I could as, if he still has the screen, to borrow it. He'll be visiting
                  this Sunday for my one granddaughter's B'day party. If that's the type
                  of screen that will be needed, I could ask to borrow it.

                  Yeah, any white screen should be fine, as long as it's not rear-projection.

                  - Alex
                • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                    "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks@...> writes:

                    >On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 2:14 PM, <system@...> wrote:
                    >
                    >> ** > > > "J. Alexander Jacocks" <jjacocks@...> writes: > > >On
                    >Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 1:15 PM, mattmik <mikolaym@...> wrote: > > >
                    >>> ** > > > I'm up for a game of Warlords! > > > --- In > >
                    >>midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Mr Ian Primus <ian_primus@...> > >
                    >>wrote: > > At the very least, we should get some four player games of >
                    >>Warlords > going. > > > > >I'm bringing a projector, if we have a blank
                    >wall and/or a portable > >screen. My portable screen is very small, so
                    >it's probably not useful. > > Such as a slide projector screen? My FiL
                    >was big into slide photography. > I could as, if he still has the
                    >screen, to borrow it. He'll be visiting > this Sunday for my one
                    >granddaughter's B'day party. If that's the type > of screen that will be
                    >needed, I could ask to borrow it. >
                    >
                    >Yeah, any white screen should be fine, as long as it's not
                    >rear-projection.

                    IIRC, slide projection screens were silver-matte for better reflection
                    and color. Anyway, I'll have my wife inquire about it when she speaks
                    with him next.
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                      >>> if we have a blank wall and/or a portable screen.

                      InfoAge has a 4-ft. screen we could use.
                    • Matt Patoray
                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011

                        Sent from my iPhone

                        On Dec 1, 2011, at 3:21 PM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

                        >>> if we have a blank wall and/or a portable screen.

                        InfoAge has a 4-ft. screen we could use.

                      • Jeffrey Brace
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                              > presumably working Atari 800XL.

                              Why would you presume that?

                              We have several 800XLs, so you could use one of those if needed.
                              Message 14 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                                > How about a simple game like artillery duel. I have a networked
                                > version which we can connect with two C64 with an ethernet cable. And
                                > we could do a bracketed tournament. I'm not sure how Bills program
                                > works, and if it will do such a thing.

                                Dan networked two Apple II(e?) systems at Maker Faire in 2010.
                              • Jeffrey Brace
                                Message 15 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Dec 1, 2011
                                    >> Dan networked two Apple II(e?) systems at Maker Faire in 2010.
                                    > NO ! That was to C64 !

                                    Okay. It's all a blur to me.

                                    > The Apple IIe is so inferior to the C64 ;)

                                    Ah, go eat a year-old hamburger. :)