spare Atari joystick?

  • ahm
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 10, 2005
      I just got an Atari 800XL.
      I also have a Star Raiders cart, but no joystick. :(
      Anybody got a spare CX40 for me?

      Thanks,
      Andy
    • billdeg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
        Andy,
        Which is the CX40? I have a whole box of Atari joysticks and you're welcome
        to whatever you need. They are the traditional-looking Atari joysticks, but I
        don't know the part number off-hand without checking. I suppose you know that
        you can use any standard joystick with the 800XL, but I assume you want the
        authentic version.
        Bill

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
          Bill wrote:
          > Which is the CX40? I have a whole box of Atari joysticks and you're welcome
          > to whatever you need. They are the traditional-looking Atari joysticks,
          > but I don't know the part number off-hand without checking.

          Hi Bill,

          I'm fairly new to Atari stuff, so while I imagine Atari might have used
          one type of joystick across it's entire product line, I know that companies
          don't always do the logical thing. :)

          I think I'm looking for the famous Atari joystick: square base,
          stubby stick on the center, all black except for the red fire button.
          One would be fine, two would be awesome.

          Thanks!
          Andy
        • Evan
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
            You are correct.  That traditional 2600 joystick works on all Atari computers.

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
            • billdeg@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
                No problem. I will bring some and you can pick which one you like.
                Bill

              • billdeg@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 11, 2005
                  That's the one..I have a box of these and I am glad to find a home for
                  whomever needs one. I don't even have a 2600, I don't know where I got them all
                  from. What I could use is a set of working paddles, any make/model will do...if
                  anyone would like to trade. I have two, but only the player 2 sides work on
                  each.
                  Bill