Re: [midatlanticretro] projects

    Message 1 of 22 , Nov 30, 2011
      >>> I'm writing a BASIC text adventure game call "Burger Brace."

      >> Sounds like a great game

      Glad you took that comment in its intended spirit. :)
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 22 , Nov 30, 2011
        Message 3 of 22 , Nov 30, 2011
          On Nov 30, 2011, at 4:27 PM, c f <christopher.h.fenton@...> wrote:
          > If anyone has a way to digitize microfiche, I also have a copy of the source code to the Cray Time Sharing System (CTSS) lying around.

          Holy crap!! I will scan and OCR that manually if there's no other way to get it done.

          Dave McGuire
          New Kensington, PA
        • Mike
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 1, 2011
            I needed to do something to sully my Apple centric reputation, so I've started work on a Scelbi reproduction. There 5 or 6 boards to do, so it is likely I'll only have a mockup ready for VCF.

            Just to keep some Apple stuff in the mix, I've also been working on and off on a Apple II proto/hobby board design. I could use some ideas for fun projects that could be done an a vintage micro proto board.

            Regards,
            Mike Willegal

            > So...anyone got any interesting projects going on related to vintage
            > computing? Anyone start their VCF E exhibit yet?

          • Bob Schwier
            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 1, 2011
              Supposedly horse meat is no longer banned for human consumption here in U.S.A.
              bs

              >>> I'm writing a BASIC text adventure game call "Burger Brace."

              >> Sounds like a great game

              >Glad you took that comment in its intended spirit. :)

              You should also add a part about the dog eating as mentioned before in

            • c f
              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 1, 2011
                If you're actually interested, we might be able to work something out! I had access to a machine at Columbia that could digitize the frames pretty well, but it needed to be positioned manually. Each microfiche sheet has a ~15x18 grid of pages, and it took me something like 2.5 hours to digitize one sheet. The whole set is about 21 sheets. I unfortunately don't have an extra ~50 hours to sit in their library scanning things at the moment.

                -Chris

                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 4, 2011
                  Good memory! I do have a viewer but it became unassembled during transit and subsequent cleaning and now I can't figure out how to make it focus again. This is unfortunate because I have several years of early microcomputer magazines on fiche. The focus mechanism might as well be a Chinese puzzle.

                  The one I have looks like this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/EYECOM-EYE-1000-Microfiche-Fiche-Reader-/160687817981

                  Jim

                  On 11/30/2011 6:57 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

                  >> I guess this is as good a time as any to ask... does MARCH or InfoAge have a microfiche viewer?
                  >>
                  >> BTW, I have VMS V1.0 source code fiche.
                  > I see fiche readers come through PSU surplus, once in a while. Is it worthwhile picking up one?

                  I don't know if InfoAge has one. I will inquire.

                  I think Jim Scheef once said that he has one.