new member intro

  • Bee Dee
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 30, 2011
      Hi. I just joined. I am also a member of the COSMACElf, RCACOSMAC, and
      SpareTimeGizmos groups. I am interested in all things 1802.

      I am in development of an online 1802 simulator, SimElf++ / COSMAC Elf^2 -
      COSMAC ELF-ish CDP1802 Simulator in JavaScript, and an offline emulator,
      Tolkien - An 1802 COSMAC Elf-ish Retro-Retro Emulator. (written in QB64)

      http://www.donnelly-house.net/programming/cdp1802/simelf/

      http://www.donnelly-house.net/programming/cdp1802/tolkien1802/

      I also have experience with and interest in Data General Nova 2 minis
      w/ core memories, teletypes, paper tape, 8" floppy drives, I.R.I.S. R4
      DOS (Interactive Real-time Information Systems), & Business BASIC and
      machine language programming; PDP 11/70 RSTS/E and VAX VMS, and some
      contact with IBM 1130 with card punch ForTran, CoBOL, RPG & assembly
      30+ years ago.

      I have worked with/on Apple II's & Macs, Commodore PET, Commodore 64 & 128,
      old DOS PC's up to present Windows 7, and a smattering of contact with
      other old micros, like the Sol 20, plus intense interest in and some
      knowledge of other micros of the day available circa 1975+. (through
      study and reading of literature, Pop Elec & Radio Elec, etc.)

      I am generally interested in retro- and vintage computing from the dawn
      of time to the present. (w/ personal experience starting circa 1975)

      -- Bill
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 30, 2011
        ANd where are you from BD?

        At 07:40 PM 11/30/2011, you wrote:
        >Hi. I just joined. I am also a member of the COSMACElf, RCACOSMAC, and
        >SpareTimeGizmos groups. I am interested in all things 1802.
        >
        >I am in development of an online 1802 simulator, SimElf++ / COSMAC Elf^2 -
        >COSMAC ELF-ish CDP1802 Simulator in JavaScript, and an offline emulator,
        >Tolkien - An 1802 COSMAC Elf-ish Retro-Retro Emulator. (written in QB64)
        >
        >http://www.donnelly-house.net/programming/cdp1802/simelf/
        >
        >http://www.donnelly-house.net/programming/cdp1802/tolkien1802/
        >
        >I also have experience with and interest in Data General Nova 2 minis
        >w/ core memories, teletypes, paper tape, 8" floppy drives, I.R.I.S. R4
        >DOS (Interactive Real-time Information Systems), & Business BASIC and
        >machine language programming; PDP 11/70 RSTS/E and VAX VMS, and some
        >contact with IBM 1130 with card punch ForTran, CoBOL, RPG & assembly
        >30+ years ago.
        >
        >I have worked with/on Apple II's & Macs, Commodore PET, Commodore 64 & 128,
        >old DOS PC's up to present Windows 7, and a smattering of contact with
        >other old micros, like the Sol 20, plus intense interest in and some
        >knowledge of other micros of the day available circa 1975+. (through
        >study and reading of literature, Pop Elec & Radio Elec, etc.)
        >
        >I am generally interested in retro- and vintage computing from the dawn
        >of time to the present. (w/ personal experience starting circa 1975)
        >
        >-- Bill

      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 30, 2011
          On Wed, 30 Nov 2011, B Degnan wrote:

          > ANd where are you from BD?
          >
          > At 07:40 PM 11/30/2011, you wrote:
          >> Hi. I just joined. I am also a member of the COSMACElf, RCACOSMAC, and
          >> SpareTimeGizmos groups. I am interested in all things 1802.
          >> -- Bill

          ANOTHER Bill D???? :-)

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • josh6502
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 30, 2011
            > > At 07:40 PM 11/30/2011, you wrote:
            > >> Hi. I just joined. I am also a member of the COSMACElf, RCACOSMAC, and
            > >> SpareTimeGizmos groups. I am interested in all things 1802.
            > >> -- Bill
            >
            > ANOTHER Bill D???? :-)

            Hi Bill! Good to see you online! I've been too busy to be active on the COSMACelf group, but I'm never more than an email away.
          • Bee Dee
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 30, 2011
              Oh. Northern California, near Chico, about 100 miles north of Sacramento.

              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 30, 2011
                >>> ANOTHER Bill D???? :-)

                I think that's number six. Over the years we've had Bill Degnan, Bill Sudbrink, Bill Dudley, Bill Dromgoogle, Billy D'Augistine, and the honorary "Bill D." Will Donzelli.

                I think Sudbrink was first, because I knew him from cctalk and the Boston VCF before I knew Degnan.
                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 30, 2011
                  Welcome.

                  I posted this article about an early micros, including a an early
                  transitionary 1801/2 processor system on my site

                  Bill Degnan

                  At 10:50 PM 11/30/2011, you wrote:
                  >Oh. Northern California, near Chico, about 100 miles north of Sacramento.
                  >

                  >--- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > ANd where are you from BD?

                • Jeffrey Brace
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 30, 2011
                    > ANOTHER Bill D???? :-)

                    Too many bills ! We need more Jeff's ! Only 3, the bills are replicating too
                    fast !