Friden Flexowriter

    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 27, 2011
      If all goes well I will be delivering a Friden Flexowriter to the
      March Holiday party....stay tuned.

      I will may very well have a car full of stuff to either donate or
      hand out to members who need it, stand by as we get closer to the
      event for a list.... I will be Santa again this year.

      I will also bring the server that we can use for the exhibit rooms,
      and the IMSAI for Christian, the cards for Dave McGuire. I can also
      bring my netbook set for use with the ZoomFloppy if anyone wants to
      work on that. Not sure how much more room I will have in my Honda Element.

      Bill
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 27, 2011
        > bring my netbook set for use with the ZoomFloppy if anyone wants to
        > work on that. Not sure how much more room I will have in my Honda Element.

        I'm interested in working on the ZookFloppy :)

        Jeff Brace
      • J. Alexander Jacocks
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 27, 2011

          > bring my netbook set for use with the ZoomFloppy if anyone wants to
          > work on that. Not sure how much more room I will have in my Honda Element.

          I'm interested in working on the ZookFloppy :)

          And, on this line, I'm willing to bring my 1541 ultimate II, if anyone wants me to.

          - Alex
        • Jeffrey Brace
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 27, 2011
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 3, 2011
            • Jim
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 4, 2011

                I would love to see one of these in action.

                  I would love to see one of these in action.

                  It's going to be a long time before this one is ready for live demonstrations. MARCH will take possession of it at next week's party. I am very excited, because we've wanted one for a long time. Our plan is to put it next to our original PDP-8*, where we currently have a KSR-33. (A '33 is how our particular '8 was used, but there's no other physical space to display the Flexo, so that's our plan for now. We have another '33 on display with the homebrew systems, so it will still be represented.)

                  * We also have an 8/e in storage.