Fwd: Plea for help!! Infoage Holiday event

  • Dan Wobser
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 23 11:47 AM

      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Dan Wobser <dwobser@...>
      Date: Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 2:41 PM
      Subject: Plea for help!! Infoage Holiday event
      To: infoage@...

      My Fellow InfoAgers,

      We are a week and a half away from opening day on our Holiday Event.  We have had some internal struggles that we are pushing through and overcoming.

      However, as of today, we have no decorations up, and no signs to advertise the event.

      Please, everyone, we really really need your help!!

      Let's come together, and work together, to get this event launched and bring in some money for InfoAge.

      These are the burning priorities at this time:
      • Volunteers:  On Sunday, 11/27, we will have a Decorating Workday.  All day event.  We'll start at 10 and work till we're done.  If you can't make it at 10, please come when you can.  Pizza Lunch will be provided.
      • Decorations: If anyone has decorations sitting in their attic that you no longer use, or would like to upgrade/replace them, please consider donating them to InfoAge.  These will all become part of the "Holiday Kit" that will power this years event, and for years thereafter.  Please bring them in before, or on, Sunday 11/27.
      • Wednesday, Dec 1st, weekly meeting will be a working meeting.  We will do whatever is left that needs to be done to get ready.
      • Street Team - I am making up advertising fliers that we will need to get out into all the Wawa's, QuickChecks, and any community bulletin board we can find.
      We will also be needing volunteers to help us run the event.  Specific roles will be requested in a follow up email.  If anyone can dedicate a day or half a day when you can during the event, we can make this work.  Please let me know your availability.

      The event dates are Dec 3rd-4th, 10th-11th, 17th-18th.  Saturdays 12-8pm, Sundays 12-6pm.

      I'd just like to add that we have some really great people who have stepped up to the plate to help make this happen.  While there are many contributors, I want to give a special "Kudos" to a few of our hero-volunteers:
      • Dan and Terry Lieb - Dan's been putting in a great deal of time and effort to build a set, and create a wonderful Santa's workshop.  He's also doing a great job of organizing the advertising.  He's also basically been the unofficial co-organizer here - without his help I would be totally lost.
      • Lenny Cafone - He's not even an InfoAger, yet he's taken the helm of getting the train room going.  He is bringing 5 of his own layouts, and is going to be here throughout the event to help run the trains.  He is also helping Steve and Joe on making train tables out of stuff in the H-buildings.  He's been a great asset and I'm very grateful for his help.
      • My parents, Joan and Max Wobser - They are also not InfoAgers, but they are here helping because I asked them. Joan is organizing the Craft Faire.  She  has also hand-made tree skirts, stockings, and is making Elf costumes for the girls who have volunteered to staff Santa's Workshop. She's making a Santa's Bag. She's basically doing anything that needs to be done, that falls in her realm of expertise.  My parents are also arriving at InfoAge today with a truckload of holiday decorations.  They emptied their attic and are giving us almost everything, and they are going to buy new decorations for their home this year.  I can't thank them enough.
      • Steve G and Joe G - the steadfast InfoAge worker-bees - are getting train tables rebuilt&painted, and are doing things that need doing.  Thank you.

      Please forward this email to each of the member organizations.

      Warm Regards,
      Dan Wobser