zoomfloppy report

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2011
      Anyone using the Zoomfloppy yet?

      Tonight I was messing around with it, moved some programs to the
      Plus/4 system. Works pretty good, but you have to be patient, update
      the firmware and such. Not perfect with the directions. I
      eventually went into my own way mode until it was working as I liked.

      Bill
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 22, 2011
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 23, 2011
          Jeff
          The zoomfloppy is used to interface a modern pc USB port directly with a cbm drive... or chain of drives....I plugged a daisy chain of three CBM drives ..1541, 1571, 1581... into the zoomfloppy. On the laptop on the other end I selected a .d64 that happened to be a collection of plus/4 progams. I extracted the contents of the d64 to a disk in the 1541 drive using software suggested in manual. At no time was a CBM computer involved in the transfer. I popped the disk out of the drive and tested on a plus/4 elsewhere. In theory any drive is compatible.

          I will bring if you'd like to fest.

          It took me a half hour to get everything up and running the hardest parts being the process of installing the drivers on my laptop as the directions did not apply to my system and I had to improvise.

          Sent from my PDP 8/e.