Flexowriter!

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 16, 2011
      Well it's about (censored) time! MARCH is finally getting a Friden
      Flexowriter, thanks to a contact made by Bill Degnan.

      I don't know any details, i.e. its condition, what year this specific
      unit is from, etc. .... but I'm very excited.

      The Straight-8 is the only machine in our collection for which it's
      remotely appropriate to display this artifact. Right now that room is
      essentially * full * so we could put the Flexo where we currently have
      the KSR-33. The '33 is more appropriate, especially considering how
      Claude used the '8, but if the Flexo is in good condition then it will
      be too nice not to display.
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 16, 2011
        On 11/16/2011 11:19 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:
        > Well it's about (censored) time! MARCH is finally getting a Friden
        > Flexowriter, thanks to a contact made by Bill Degnan.
        >
        > I don't know any details, i.e. its condition, what year this specific
        > unit is from, etc. .... but I'm very excited.
        >
        > The Straight-8 is the only machine in our collection for which it's
        > remotely appropriate to display this artifact. Right now that room is
        > essentially * full * so we could put the Flexo where we currently have
        > the KSR-33. The '33 is more appropriate, especially considering how
        > Claude used the '8, but if the Flexo is in good condition then it will
        > be too nice not to display.

        Awesome!! What model is it?

        Dave McGuire
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 16, 2011
          >> Well it's about (censored) time! MARCH is finally getting a Friden Flexowriter, thanks to a contact made by Bill Degnan.
          >>
          >> I don't know any details, i.e. its condition, what year this specific unit is from, etc. .... but I'm very excited.
          >>
          >> The Straight-8 is the only machine in our collection for which it's remotely appropriate to display this artifact. Right now that room is essentially * full * so we could put the Flexo where we currently have the KSR-33. The '33 is more appropriate, especially considering how Claude used the '8, but if the Flexo is in good condition then it will be too nice not to display.
          > Awesome!! What model is it?

          >>> I don't know any details

          :)
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 17, 2011
            On Wed, 16 Nov 2011, Evan Koblentz wrote:

            > The Straight-8 is the only machine in our collection for which it's
            > remotely appropriate to display this artifact. Right now that room is
            > essentially * full * so we could put the Flexo where we currently have
            > the KSR-33. The '33 is more appropriate, especially considering how
            > Claude used the '8, but if the Flexo is in good condition then it will
            > be too nice not to display.

            I'ts too bad that the B205 was destroyed in the fire. I believe Stan
            Brewer has (or had) a Flexowriter that was connected to Claude's B205.

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...