Re: [midatlanticretro] Holiday Festivus

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
      B Degnan <billdeg@...> writes:

      >you can't eat a computer that's for sure, sounds good.

      Never heard of chips and dips! :D
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
        At 08:33 PM 11/1/2011, you wrote:
        >B Degnan <billdeg@...> writes:
        >
        > >you can't eat a computer that's for sure, sounds good.
        >
        >Never heard of chips and dips! :D

        ha ha ha
      • mattmik
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
          If anyone has a spare floppy disk notcher that they're willing to sell, just let me know!

          Thanks!
          mattmik

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
            I do. Shall I bring it to the Festivus?

            Bill Degnan

            > If anyone has a spare floppy disk notcher that they're willing to sell,
            just let me know!

            > Thanks!
            > mattmik
            >
            > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
            > > Anyone planning on bringing anything to trade at the festivus? Have
            > > any requests?

          • mattmik
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
              That would be great, thanks!

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                Please bug me about it the day before so I remember. You're talking
                about a flippey maker, right?
                bd

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                  Will do. Umm...I haven't heard it called a flippey maker before, but I'm pretty sure it's the same thing. It punches the square little hole in the side of a 5 1/4" so data can be written to it on both sides.

                  Thanks!
                  mattmik

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                    > Will do. Umm...I haven't heard it called a flippey maker before

                    Same thing. Lets you flip the disk over to use the other side. Flippy maker.

                    I bought one in 7th grade from my computer class teacher. Goodbye, hole
                    puncher!