Re: [midatlanticretro] Holiday Festivus

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
      At 05:00 PM 11/1/2011, you wrote:
      >B Degnan <billdeg@...> writes:
      >
      > >Anyone planning on bringing anything to trade at the festivus? Have any
      > >requests?
      >
      >Can I trade my grandchildren? :D
      >
      >I was only going to bring some epicurean items -- good beer and, perhaps,
      >some St. Louis style rubbed spare ribs. Last year I made a batch of hot
      >wings. Chime in if you want some of those.

      you can't eat a computer that's for sure, sounds good.

      bd
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
        B Degnan <billdeg@...> writes:

        >you can't eat a computer that's for sure, sounds good.

        Never heard of chips and dips! :D
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
          At 08:33 PM 11/1/2011, you wrote:
          >B Degnan <billdeg@...> writes:
          >
          > >you can't eat a computer that's for sure, sounds good.
          >
          >Never heard of chips and dips! :D

          ha ha ha
        • mattmik
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
            If anyone has a spare floppy disk notcher that they're willing to sell, just let me know!

            Thanks!
            mattmik

            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
              I do. Shall I bring it to the Festivus?

              Bill Degnan

              > If anyone has a spare floppy disk notcher that they're willing to sell,
              just let me know!

              > Thanks!
              > mattmik
              >
              > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
              > > Anyone planning on bringing anything to trade at the festivus? Have
              > > any requests?

            • mattmik
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                That would be great, thanks!

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                  Please bug me about it the day before so I remember. You're talking
                  about a flippey maker, right?
                  bd

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                    Will do. Umm...I haven't heard it called a flippey maker before, but I'm pretty sure it's the same thing. It punches the square little hole in the side of a 5 1/4" so data can be written to it on both sides.

                    Thanks!
                    mattmik

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                      > Will do. Umm...I haven't heard it called a flippey maker before

                      Same thing. Lets you flip the disk over to use the other side. Flippy maker.

                      I bought one in 7th grade from my computer class teacher. Goodbye, hole
                      puncher!