Re: [midatlanticretro] Holiday Festivus

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
      B Degnan <billdeg@...> writes:

      >Anyone planning on bringing anything to trade at the festivus? Have any
      >requests?

      Can I trade my grandchildren? :D

      I was only going to bring some epicurean items -- good beer and, perhaps,
      some St. Louis style rubbed spare ribs. Last year I made a batch of hot
      wings. Chime in if you want some of those.
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
        At 05:00 PM 11/1/2011, you wrote:
        >B Degnan <billdeg@...> writes:
        >
        > >Anyone planning on bringing anything to trade at the festivus? Have any
        > >requests?
        >
        >Can I trade my grandchildren? :D
        >
        >I was only going to bring some epicurean items -- good beer and, perhaps,
        >some St. Louis style rubbed spare ribs. Last year I made a batch of hot
        >wings. Chime in if you want some of those.

        you can't eat a computer that's for sure, sounds good.

        bd
      • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
          B Degnan <billdeg@...> writes:

          >you can't eat a computer that's for sure, sounds good.

          Never heard of chips and dips! :D
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
            At 08:33 PM 11/1/2011, you wrote:
            >B Degnan <billdeg@...> writes:
            >
            > >you can't eat a computer that's for sure, sounds good.
            >
            >Never heard of chips and dips! :D

            ha ha ha
          • mattmik
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
              If anyone has a spare floppy disk notcher that they're willing to sell, just let me know!

              Thanks!
              mattmik

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                I do. Shall I bring it to the Festivus?

                Bill Degnan

                > If anyone has a spare floppy disk notcher that they're willing to sell,
                just let me know!

                > Thanks!
                > mattmik
                >
                > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
                > > Anyone planning on bringing anything to trade at the festivus? Have
                > > any requests?

              • mattmik
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                  That would be great, thanks!

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                    Please bug me about it the day before so I remember. You're talking
                    about a flippey maker, right?
                    bd

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                      Will do. Umm...I haven't heard it called a flippey maker before, but I'm pretty sure it's the same thing. It punches the square little hole in the side of a 5 1/4" so data can be written to it on both sides.

                      Thanks!
                      mattmik

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                        > Will do. Umm...I haven't heard it called a flippey maker before

                        Same thing. Lets you flip the disk over to use the other side. Flippy maker.

                        I bought one in 7th grade from my computer class teacher. Goodbye, hole
                        puncher!