Holiday Festivus

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
      Anyone planning on bringing anything to trade at the festivus? Have
      any requests?

      Bill
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
        B Degnan <billdeg@...> writes:

        >Anyone planning on bringing anything to trade at the festivus? Have any
        >requests?

        Can I trade my grandchildren? :D

        I was only going to bring some epicurean items -- good beer and, perhaps,
        some St. Louis style rubbed spare ribs. Last year I made a batch of hot
        wings. Chime in if you want some of those.
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
          At 05:00 PM 11/1/2011, you wrote:
          >B Degnan <billdeg@...> writes:
          >
          > >Anyone planning on bringing anything to trade at the festivus? Have any
          > >requests?
          >
          >Can I trade my grandchildren? :D
          >
          >I was only going to bring some epicurean items -- good beer and, perhaps,
          >some St. Louis style rubbed spare ribs. Last year I made a batch of hot
          >wings. Chime in if you want some of those.

          you can't eat a computer that's for sure, sounds good.

          bd
        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
            B Degnan <billdeg@...> writes:

            >you can't eat a computer that's for sure, sounds good.

            Never heard of chips and dips! :D
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 1, 2011
              At 08:33 PM 11/1/2011, you wrote:
              >B Degnan <billdeg@...> writes:
              >
              > >you can't eat a computer that's for sure, sounds good.
              >
              >Never heard of chips and dips! :D

              ha ha ha
            • mattmik
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                If anyone has a spare floppy disk notcher that they're willing to sell, just let me know!

                Thanks!
                mattmik

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                  I do. Shall I bring it to the Festivus?

                  Bill Degnan

                  > If anyone has a spare floppy disk notcher that they're willing to sell,
                  just let me know!

                  > Thanks!
                  > mattmik
                  >
                  > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:
                  > > Anyone planning on bringing anything to trade at the festivus? Have
                  > > any requests?

                • mattmik
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                    That would be great, thanks!

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                      Please bug me about it the day before so I remember. You're talking
                      about a flippey maker, right?
                      bd

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                        Will do. Umm...I haven't heard it called a flippey maker before, but I'm pretty sure it's the same thing. It punches the square little hole in the side of a 5 1/4" so data can be written to it on both sides.

                        Thanks!
                        mattmik

                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
                          > Will do. Umm...I haven't heard it called a flippey maker before

                          Same thing. Lets you flip the disk over to use the other side. Flippy maker.

                          I bought one in 7th grade from my computer class teacher. Goodbye, hole
                          puncher!