Please, please, please TRIM threaded replies

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2006
      Lately some of us have been forgetting to trim our message replies. I'm as
      guilty as anyone else. But for the 21 (of 105) people on our list who get
      the "daily digest" version, and also for long threads, this can be very
      annoying. It's even worse when Yahoo adds links and stuff to the bottom of
      some messages. So please trim replies to long threads, or, if you MUST keep
      the whole thread, then at least reply at the top so people don't have to
      scroll through the whole thread just to read a "me too" or other rather
      pointless comment.

      This is NOT targeted at anyone in particular and, PLEASE, don't let this
      become a long thread of its own about top-down vs. bottom-up replies and how
      great USENET used to be and blah blah blah blah blah. Just consider this a
      public service message. (Some people expressed their concerns to me about
      the issue recently.)