Re: Space Invaders for VCF East 3.0

  • ysgdhio
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 5 9:35 PM
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Scott Austin <us21090@...> wrote:
      > Also, in Trenton last year, some MARCHers made a pseudo challenge:
      have all the vintage machines playing Space Invaders. Granted some
      versions would be text-based, but it sounded like fun. Anyone working
      toward that?

      Scott,

      I might have been the one who instigated that at Trenton.
      I saw that we had Space Invaders up on the Atari 2600 by the door
      and knew I had a version for my little oddball SMC-70, so I began to
      ask around and see if any other folks had it for their machines.
      I'm pretty sure we had the majority of the systems there running
      Space Invaders for at least an hour, so I don't see why we couldn't
      do the same thing at VCF this year. (Perhaps we should schedule a
      specific "Space Invaders hour"?)

      Andy
      Not really a slacker, just not sure what to exhibit this year.

      P.S. Anyone want to exhibit an Amiga 2000HD? Contact me.
    • Joe Giliberti
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 6 11:00 AM
        ysgdhio wrote:
[...]

        Additionally, I might be able to find an original Space Invaders machine. For all I know, I'll have the MAME cabinet done by then.
      • Kelly Leavitt
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 6 11:23 AM
          Don't forget to trim your posts :-)

          Does anyone have space invaders for the TRS-80 CoCo? I have it for the model
          III, IV and 4p.

          I don't have, and I don't think there exists, one for the model II series,
          although I can now boot them in ls-dos. Maybe I can copy over one from the 4
          and see if it explodes...

          Kelly
        • Bryan Pope
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 6 11:44 AM
            Kelly Leavitt wrote:
            > Don't forget to trim your posts :-)
            >
            > Does anyone have space invaders for the TRS-80 CoCo? I have it for the model
            > III, IV and 4p.

            I found this:

            http://nitros9.stg.net/colorspaceinvaders.html
            http://nitros9.stg.net/spaceintruders.html
            http://www.nickm.launch.net.au/ProjectArchive/intruders.html
            http://www.discover-net.net/~dmkeil/coco/software/cococass.htm

            Cheers,

            Bryan
          • Gene Ehrich
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 6 1:45 PM
              There is a Juki 6000 daisy wheel printer for sale on E-Bay

              <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8762463159&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT>Juki
              6000 daisywheel printer with interface