MARCH members-only IMSAI auction is open!

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 19, 2011
      Okay folks, the auction for one of MARCH's IMSAI 8080 computers is officially open.

      ** PLEASE ** read everything below before bidding!

      Here's the info:

      - All about the system and its condition, thanks to Degnan: http://midatlanticretro.org/IMSAI/IMSAI-8080/.

      - Obviously the computer is being sold as-is, no warranty, no returns.

      - Shipping / transportation are to be determined, within reason, by me and Bill.

      - All bids must be sent OFF-LIST to me or Justin. But if you want a speedy acknowledgement, then I strongly suggest sending them to me (or to both of us.) My address is evan@.... Justin's is jaj@.... On-list bids will not be counted.

      - All bids must be multiples of $25.

      - The first round of bidding ends at Tuesday, Oct. 25, at 11:59pm. Once the clock strikes Wednesday, then I'll announce the results.

      - If the top bids are within 5% of each other, then we'll have a second round. Otherwise, the highest bid ends.

      - Bidders must be MARCHins in good standing. We know them when we see them.  :)

      - MARCH board (me, Justin, Degnan, Meyer) reserve the right not to end this auction and/or not sell the computer if we don't get any reasonable offers. Again, we'll know "reasonable" when we see it.  :)

      Let the bidding begin.
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 19, 2011
        PS - We'll auction the cards after the computer is sold. Details later.

        http://midatlanticretro.org/IMSAI/S-100_extra/
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 19, 2011

          >> Okay folks, the auction for one of MARCH's IMSAI 8080 computers is
          >> officially open.
          >>
          >> ** PLEASE ** read everything below before bidding!

          And .... payment must be made in full before we hand over the computer. :)