Another haul coming soon ....

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 19, 2011
      I was contacted today about another garage rescue in central NJ. Someone
      is prepared to give us a variety of DEC, Data General, and Wang
      equipment. I'm not sure what the DEC items include, but the DG items
      include two Novas as part of Kurzweil OCR systems, and the Wang items
      include a VS5000 minicomputer. This rescue first came up two years ago,
      then there were some delays, and contact was recently reestablished. The
      equipment was all used by a data conversion company. Now the owner is
      retiring to a farm.

      More to come on this opportunity in a couple of weeks. We'll probably
      have to rent a small truck.
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 19, 2011
        Evan Koblentz <evan@...> writes:

        >I was contacted today about another garage rescue in central NJ. Someone
        >is prepared to give us a variety of DEC, Data General, and Wang
        >equipment. I'm not sure what the DEC items include, but the DG items
        >include two Novas as part of Kurzweil OCR systems, and the Wang items
        >include a VS5000 minicomputer. This rescue first came up two years ago,
        >then there were some delays, and contact was recently reestablished. The
        >equipment was all used by a data conversion company. Now the owner is
        >retiring to a farm.
        >
        >More to come on this opportunity in a couple of weeks. We'll probably
        >have to rent a small truck.

        Whereabouts in Central Jersey?
      • Systems Glitch
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 19, 2011
          Speaking of trucks, I now own a 1969 Ford F-600 dump truck. The sides are removable, so it can be used as a flatbed, and it's got tiedown hooks along the sides of the bed. The bed is wood plank, which won't tear up non-palletized stuff. So if there's any MARCH stuff that needs moved from the Capital Region, NY, I can probably help pick it up if someone has gas money. It's currently registered/inspected, so as soon as I get it insured it should be good to go!

          Thanks,
          Jonathan

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 19, 2011
            I hope the items are at least partially assembled so we can document
            how the parts fit together
            bd

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 31, 2011
              >>> Whereabouts in Central Jersey?

              It's either Somerset or Somerville. I forget which.
            • Kelly D. Leavitt
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 31, 2011
                >>> Whereabouts in Central Jersey?
                >> It's either Somerset or Somerville. I forget which.
                Either one is pretty close for me. I'll try to help, even if it is just schlepping boxes.

                Kelly