NorthStar SSSD Boot Disk Needed

  • Systems Glitch
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2011
      I'm in the process of getting my NorthStar MDC controller working, and need a SSSD boot disk. I confirmed that the two disks I was given previously are double density, and I suspect that I've got my controller in otherwise working order. Using the assembly/troubleshooting guide, I've been able to get my TM-100 to turn on the motor, step to track 0, and read garbage data into RAM. Unfortunately, since I'm working with a set of non-NorthStar boards and a non-NorthStar monitor, I don't think I can use Dave Dunfield's NST utility to generate disks yet.

      Ideally, I'd like to get a copy of both NorthStar DOS 5 and CP/M 2.2, but NorthStar DOS would probably be more important to get up and going, especially as it will run with 16K of RAM (or so my research would seem to indicate). I'd prefer a copy rather than original media, since I'm still in the troubleshooting phase and don't want to destroy an original disk.

      I'll be more than happy to pay for time + media + shipping -- I know the 10-sector 5.25" disks aren't too easy to find.

      Thanks,
      Jonathan