MARCH on Capitol Hill

  • ekoblentz
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2011
      Here's the meaning behind the tech day on Capitol Hill for which MARCH (via Degnan and NJARC) is demoing some mid-1980s technology:

      https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/10/ecpa-anniversary-week-brings-calls-change

      And here's the event details (they mentioned us!):
      https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/10/party-its-1986-demand-privacy-its-2011

      If anyone is wondering (or assuming), this is NOT a partisan event. In addition to the EFF and CDT, there are also groups there with Libertarian and conservative interests. It wouldn't be appropriate for our little computer club to do anything overtly political.

      I brought that up show that MARCH is a good citizen of the real world, not just the electronic one. :) I beg you all NOT to turn this into a government thread.