Reading and Writting Commodore Disks on a PC

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2011
      As per my conversation with Dan Wobser at the IXR party on Sunday. Here is the answer to why you can’t read Commodore disks on a PC in a 5 1/4” without extra hardware : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Individual_Computers_Catweasel .

      I do have a Catweasel (version 1), but it didn’t fit, and have gotten a Version 4. I would like to try it out, but first I have to put in a 5 1/4” drive into my “old” PC. I have a few I was given. So I can do many things with this project, get my 5 1/4” installed in my PC, and install the Catweasel to read and write disks in various formats.

      Jeff3 Brace