BIll Degnan goes to Washington, anyone else?

    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 17, 2011
      Anyone plan to meet me in Washington tomorrow for the Tech fair at the
      Capitol?

      I will arrive Monday night 10/17 to set up.

      Retro Tech Fair and Press Conference On Need to Update Digital Surveillance

      Law: Tuesday, October 18 at 11 am

      The various "high tech" devices on display from and around the 1986 digital

      era will spotlight just how far technology has advanced since ECPA was
      originally passed. Devices from "brick" cell phones to full size working
      versions of top computer models of that era will be present for
      inspection.

      What: Senators Call for Privacy Law Update // Tech Fair

      When: Tuesday, Oct. 18th

      Time: 11 a.m. EST

      Where: Capitol Visitors Center, Room SVC 209

      release was wrong.)

      Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 17, 2011
        Unfortunately I am in DC now on a biz trip and going home tonight.

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 17, 2011
          too bad...

          I realize that it's hard to go to Washington on Tuesday and not everyone
          has a flexible schedule...but I thought I'd ask anyway.

          Bill Degnan

          > Unfortunately I am in DC now on a biz trip and going home tonight.

        • Bob Flanders
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 17, 2011
            I work in DC. What's the address?

            On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 1:06 PM, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

            too bad...

            I realize that it's hard to go to Washington on Tuesday and not everyone
            has a flexible schedule...but I thought I'd ask anyway.

            Bill Degnan

            > Unfortunately I am in DC now on a biz trip and going home tonight.

          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 17, 2011
              Have fun, make sure to take pictures.
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 17, 2011
                At 02:52 PM 10/17/2011, you wrote:

                I work in DC. What's the address?

                <snip>

                > What: Senators Call for Privacy Law Update // Tech Fair
                >
                > When: Tuesday, Oct. 18th
                >
                > Time: 11 a.m. EST
                >
                > Where: Capitol Visitors Center, Room SVC 209

                > release was wrong.)

                The Senate building visitor's center is called the Capitol Visitors Center.  You know, where they write the laws and such :-)

                Bill
              • Bob Flanders
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 17, 2011

                  Ok... Didn't know if you had street addr...

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 17, 2011
                    It's literally the front door of the Capitol, at the end of E. Capitol street.  I will probably park behind / near Postal Square and walk down Delaware Ave, once I have dropped off everything.  I have to report to the offsite screening facility first, then they will escort my car into the loading area of the Capitol building.  I plan to be there at 8AM, then to the Capitol itself by 9AM, depends on how much screening they do.  I already have a security clearance, so it should not take too much time.
                    Bill