looking for a 1986 cell phone

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011
      Anyone have a cell phone / bag phone from 1986 or thereabouts? To rent or
      "cell" har har.

      Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011
        On 10/10/2011 01:26 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
        > Anyone have a cell phone / bag phone from 1986 or thereabouts? To rent or
        > "cell" har har.

        I'm almost positive I still have one or two down in FL. Can you wait
        a few weeks for it?

        Dave McGuire
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011
          We need it for the MARCH display at the Center for Democracy & Technology
          Tech conference on the 18th. They will pay for shipping or maybe even buy
          it.

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011
            On 10/10/2011 01:40 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
            > We need it for the MARCH display at the Center for Democracy& Technology
            > Tech conference on the 18th. They will pay for shipping or maybe even buy
            > it.

            Ah crap. I don't think there's any way I can get it there in time.
            :-( I'm sorry man.

            Dave McGuire
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011

              > On 10/10/2011 01:40 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
              > > We need it for the MARCH display at the Center for Democracy&
              Technology
              > > Tech conference on the 18th. They will pay for shipping or maybe even
              buy
              > > it.
              >
              > Ah crap. I don't think there's any way I can get it there in time.
              > :-( I'm sorry man.
              >
              > -Dave

              Thanks for checking. How is the move coming?

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011
                On 10/10/2011 01:54 PM, B. Degnan wrote:
                >>> We need it for the MARCH display at the Center for Democracy&
                > Technology
                >>> Tech conference on the 18th. They will pay for shipping or maybe even
                > buy
                >>> it.
                >>
                >> Ah crap. I don't think there's any way I can get it there in time.
                >> :-( I'm sorry man.
                >
                > Thanks for checking. How is the move coming?

                Slowly. It looks like I've got two truck trips left, one with a 24'
                lift gate and the last will probably be a 16-18' with no lift gate.
                I've picked up a truly sweet consulting gig up here which is taking up
                lots of time, but will be bringing in lots of money. I should get my
                first check tomorrow.

                The availability of work was one of my biggest reasons for moving up
                here; I'd been starving in FL for a decade. I've almost forgotten what
                it feels like to not have to freak out when a bill comes in.

                Lots of big iron is set up here now, though not in its permanent
                configuration. Dan and I booted up a PDP-11/34, PDP-11/44, and
                PDP-11/70 (all just RT-11) a week or two ago, that was a nice diversion.

                Dave McGuire
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 10, 2011
                  >>> Anyone have a cell phone / bag phone from 1986 or thereabouts?

                  Bill, I'm already working on that request. I can borrow something from NJARC.

                  I'll email you privately with details.
                • Evan
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 15, 2011
                    I have a "bag" phone from the early days of cell. Not sure of date, but is a powerful analog cell phone. I.ll see if I can find it.

                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 15, 2011
                      >>> I have a "bag" phone from the early days of cell. Not sure of date, but is a powerful analog cell phone. I.ll see if I can find it.

                      Thanks, but we're all set with that. We borrowed what we needed from our good neighbors at adjacent museum to ours (NJ Antique Radio Club).