Re: [midatlanticretro] Update, re: Who's bringing what to TCF so far...

  • David Gesswein
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
      > I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I figured
      > there's no need for me to duplcate.
      >
      > Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers

      I have the original not quite IBM compatible TI PC (my first PC). I don't
      have any other TI stuff. Since my main display will be PDP-8 if you want to
      bring your TI stuff I don't need to bring my machine (and may be short on
      space).
    • evan947
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
        David,

        I'm thrilled to hear that you are definitely bringing a PDP machine.
        Can you get it to run SpaceWar? It would be terrific to show that
        running side-by-side on the 8 and my 2600. :)

        - Evan

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, David Gesswein <djg@p...>
        wrote:
        > > I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I
        figured
        > > there's no need for me to duplcate.
        > >
        > > Bill D. -- Commodore, TI, Atari computers
        >

        > I have the original not quite IBM compatible TI PC (my first PC). I
        don't
        > have any other TI stuff. Since my main display will be PDP-8 if you
        want to
        > bring your TI stuff I don't need to bring my machine (and may be
        short on
        > space).
      • David Gesswein
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 21, 2005
          > I'm thrilled to hear that you are definitely bringing a PDP machine.
          > Can you get it to run SpaceWar? It would be terrific to show that
          > running side-by-side on the 8 and my 2600. :)

          Definitely is a little too strong, much can happen in a couple months.
          I had a poor version running a while ago on the VC8E/VR14.
          Video on http://www.pdp8.net/vr14/vr14.shtml
          I found a better looking source but haven't gotten around to setting things
          up to try it.
        • billdeg@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 22, 2005
            OK. I will bring a TI 99/4A and gear.
            Bill
          • evan947
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 22, 2005
              bulletin board at home. People could log into an old style BBS from
              the show...?

              LOL... so I just heard back from the TCF contact... his generic answer
              was "The Internet will be available via WiFi connection..."

              I think he sort of missed my point!!! LOL !!!!

              I replied and asked if he's ever tried to set up WiFi on a Vic 20. :)

              Will forward his reply when it arrives.

              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, billdeg@a... wrote:

              > Evan,
              >
              > I noticed that someone else had been listed with TI stuff, so I
              figured
              > there's no need for me to duplcate.
              >
              > To specify my contribution I plan to "set up" a complete Commodore
              VIC 20