Re: [midatlanticretro] TV update

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 7, 2011
      Timothy J Fagan <timstergm@...> writes:

      >And thus, ironically, not viewable on Steve Jobs' invention. :-(
      >
      >I'll watch tomorrow night on my PC (or more fittingly, my iMac) when I
      >get = home from my trip.=20

      Yes, bearly viewable period because it's Flash. Poor quality and
      requires you to not view it at any reasonable viewing size unless
      you're a big fan of pixelation. I have VLC on my 17" MacBook Pro
      and it was capable of playing it, but still only reasonably view-
      able using a small viewing size.

      Strangely enough, a seminar I gave last month was done in Keynote.
      I needed to export to another format because the audience wanted it
      but, when I played back the exported to PowerPuke presentation, it
      was horked. Exporting as a QuickTime movie, especially since the
      presentation was chock full of animations to illustrate concepts,
      worked for them and, in doing so, I found that Keynote also has an
      option for exporting as <*gack*> Flash!!!
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 7, 2011

        On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 8:03 PM, <system@...> wrote:
        Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> writes:

        >http://news12.cv.net/video/4N1006CT.flv > > Thanks Brian. > > I will
        >double-check, but I think they mentioned InfoAge at some point >
        >before/during. > >
        >
        >Oh man, she is HOT !!

        The Apple-II or the MacIntosh?

        The one 'who took the Apple from the Tree', and shaking the Floppy of course, how apropos ;)

      • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 7, 2011
          Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> writes:

          >--20cf306f76c45a33f404aeb56b9d Content-Type: text/plain;
          >charset=ISO-8859-1
          >
          >On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 8:03 PM, <system@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> writes: > > >On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at
          >3:08 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote: > > > >> >>> OK... I
          >think you can all access this: > >
          >>http://news12.cv.net/video/4N1006CT.flv > > Thanks Brian. > > I will >
          >>double-check, but I think they mentioned InfoAge at some point > >
          >>before/during. > > > > > >Oh man, she is HOT !! > > The Apple-II or the
          >MacIntosh? > >
          >
          >The one 'who took the Apple from the Tree', and shaking the Floppy of
          >course, how apropos ;)

          It's a good thing the camera didn't focus in on Evan's woody! :D
        • RonK
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 7, 2011
            Great to see my old Mac is still alive and kicking!

            Ron Kushnier