Re: We're gonna be famous!

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2006
      Other movie thing never transpired, this is a new thing.

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "ysgdhio" <ysgdhio@...> wrote:

      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan947@> wrote:
      > > I was contacted yesterday by an independent TV production company.
      > [...]
      > > They're paying us $300.
      >
      > Sweet!
      > That's alot of junior bacon cheeseburgers. :-)
      >
      > Did that other movie thing pan out, or is this the same one?
      >
      > Andy

    • Brian Heise
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 5, 2006
        Congrats are definitely in order!

        Good job!

        Brian

        Evan <evan947@...> wrote:
        Well, not quite famous.  I was contacted yesterday by an independent TV
        production company.  They're doing a commercial for the Bank of New York and
        they wanted to rent some old computers from us as props.

        I and Fred met the set designer at InfoAge today and she looked through our
        collections.  She called me back just now and they decided to use our
        HP-2623A (see attachment) which is an engineering workstation but I guess
        they decided it's got a certain Jetsons look-and-feel that they like.  They
        will also use some punch cards.

        They're paying us $300.  That's the equivalent of gaining 15 club
        memberships or about 68% of our insurance quote.  Not bad!  And hopefully
        this can lead to some more work in the future.  It's also a good idea that
        InfoAge overall can advertise the individual clubs or even the campus as
        being available to rent for film purposes.  So if someone is making a movie
        with an old Army base scene, then there's the campus and the antique
        military vehicle club, plus InfoAge has got the diving museum folks, the
        radio club, etc. ... why not monetize it all, right?

        They will pick it up Monday afternoon.  I or Fred will supervise the
        packing.

        I'll try to find out exactly when the commercial will air.