TV update

    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 6, 2011
      I'm on the hour-long News 12 NJ program all morning/day, at about the 32-minute mark. It will be online but you have to log in using a cable account #, how lame is that!?
    • Ray Sills
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 6, 2011
        On Oct 6, 2011, at 8:49 AM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > I'm on the hour-long News 12 NJ program all morning/day, at about
        > the 32-minute mark. It will be online but you have to log in using
        > a cable account #, how lame is that!?

        Yeah, you'd think News 12 would want to make itself available to non-
        cable subscribers, but no, they don't. Maybe that's because they are
        funded by the local cable companies, plus commercials. Who knows?

        73 de Ray
      • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 6, 2011
          "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> writes:

          >I'm on the hour-long News 12 NJ program all morning/day, at about the
          >32-minute mark. It will be online but you have to log in using a cable
          >account #, how lame is that!?

          What day? When?
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 6, 2011
            someone recorded it?

            Bill Degnan

            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 6, 2011
              >>> I'm on the hour-long News 12 NJ program all morning/day, at about the
              32-minute mark. It will be online but you have to log in using a cable
              account #, how lame is that!?

              >> What day? When?

              Today. All day. They air the same one-hour program several times. It's
              probably updated in the afternoon/evening, but Steve Jobs will probably
              remain one of their top stories.

              I will attempt to get a recording.
            • Dan Roganti
              Message 6 of 17 , Oct 6, 2011

                On Oct 6, 2011 1:31 PM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

                > 32-minute mark. It will be online but you have to log in using a cable
                > account #, how lame is that!?
                >
                > >> What day? When?
                >
                > Today. All day. They air the same one-hour program several times. It's
                > probably updated in the afternoon/evening, but Steve Jobs will probably
                > remain one of their top stories.
                >
                > I will attempt to get a recording.

                Congrats !
                I hope you dazzled them with your suave persona and wisdom to keep them amazed for eons. And please tell us you didn't snort in the middle of the interview ;)

              • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                Message 7 of 17 , Oct 6, 2011
                  Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> writes:

                  >--0014853a7b3096319b04aea56425 Content-Type: text/plain;
                  >charset=ISO-8859-1
                  >
                  >On Oct 6, 2011 1:31 PM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote: > > >>>
                  >I'm on the hour-long News 12 NJ program all morning/day, at about the >
                  >32-minute mark. It will be online but you have to log in using a cable >
                  >account #, how lame is that!? > > >> What day? When? > > Today. All day.
                  >They air the same one-hour program several times. It's > probably
                  >updated in the afternoon/evening, but Steve Jobs will probably > remain
                  >one of their top stories. > > I will attempt to get a recording. >
                  >
                  >Congrats ! I hope you dazzled them with your suave persona and wisdom to
                  >keep them amazed for eons. And please tell us you didn't snort in the
                  >middle of the interview ;)

                  OK... I think you can all access this:

                  http://news12.cv.net/video/4N1006CT.flv

                  It took a bit of squinting to dig through the gobbledegook escapes in the
                  flash attributes listed in the HTML but this is a direct URL to the flash
                  video.
                  Message 8 of 17 , Oct 6, 2011
                    On 10/06/2011 02:21 PM, Dan Roganti wrote:
                    > > 32-minute mark. It will be online but you have to log in using a cable
                    > > account #, how lame is that!?

                    > > Today. All day. They air the same one-hour program several times. It's
                    > > probably updated in the afternoon/evening, but Steve Jobs will probably
                    > > remain one of their top stories.
                    > >
                    > > I will attempt to get a recording.
                    >
                    > Congrats !
                    > I hope you dazzled them with your suave persona and wisdom to keep them
                    > amazed for eons. And please tell us you didn't snort in the middle of
                    > the interview ;)

                    And please, for the sake of all that's holy, tell us you wore pants
                    this time! ;)

                    (and yes, congrats!)

                    Dave McGuire
                    Port Charlotte, FL
                  • Mike Loewen
                    Message 9 of 17 , Oct 6, 2011
                      On Thu, 6 Oct 2011, system@... wrote:

                      > OK... I think you can all access this:
                      >
                      > http://news12.cv.net/video/4N1006CT.flv
                      >
                      > It took a bit of squinting to dig through the gobbledegook escapes in the
                      > flash attributes listed in the HTML but this is a direct URL to the flash
                      > video.

                      Nicely done! Too bad you couldn't put in a plug for Infoage.
                      "Marketing chops" - I like it.

                      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                      Message 10 of 17 , Oct 6, 2011
                        >>> OK... I think you can all access this:
                        http://news12.cv.net/video/4N1006CT.flv

                        Thanks Brian.

                        I will double-check, but I think they mentioned InfoAge at some point before/during.
                      • Dan Roganti
                        Message 11 of 17 , Oct 6, 2011

                          On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
                          >>> OK...  I think you can all access this:
                          http://news12.cv.net/video/4N1006CT.flv

                          Thanks Brian.

                          I will double-check, but I think they mentioned InfoAge at some point before/during.

                          Oh man, she is HOT !!

                        • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                          Message 12 of 17 , Oct 6, 2011
                            Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> writes:

                            >http://news12.cv.net/video/4N1006CT.flv > > Thanks Brian. > > I will
                            >double-check, but I think they mentioned InfoAge at some point >
                            >before/during. > >
                            >
                            >Oh man, she is HOT !!

                            The Apple-II or the MacIntosh?
                          • Timothy J Fagan
                            Message 13 of 17 , Oct 6, 2011
                              And thus, ironically, not viewable on Steve Jobs' invention. :-(

                              I'll watch tomorrow night on my PC (or more fittingly, my iMac) when I get home from my trip.

                              Sent from my iPhone

                              Message 14 of 17 , Oct 7, 2011
                                Timothy J Fagan <timstergm@...> writes:

                                >And thus, ironically, not viewable on Steve Jobs' invention. :-(
                                >
                                >I'll watch tomorrow night on my PC (or more fittingly, my iMac) when I
                                >get = home from my trip.=20

                                Yes, bearly viewable period because it's Flash. Poor quality and
                                requires you to not view it at any reasonable viewing size unless
                                you're a big fan of pixelation. I have VLC on my 17" MacBook Pro
                                and it was capable of playing it, but still only reasonably view-
                                able using a small viewing size.

                                Strangely enough, a seminar I gave last month was done in Keynote.
                                I needed to export to another format because the audience wanted it
                                but, when I played back the exported to PowerPuke presentation, it
                                was horked. Exporting as a QuickTime movie, especially since the
                                presentation was chock full of animations to illustrate concepts,
                                worked for them and, in doing so, I found that Keynote also has an
                                option for exporting as <*gack*> Flash!!!
                              • Dan Roganti
                                Message 15 of 17 , Oct 7, 2011

                                  On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 8:03 PM, <system@...> wrote:
                                  Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> writes:

                                  >http://news12.cv.net/video/4N1006CT.flv > > Thanks Brian. > > I will
                                  >double-check, but I think they mentioned InfoAge at some point >
                                  >before/during. > >
                                  >
                                  >Oh man, she is HOT !!

                                  The Apple-II or the MacIntosh?

                                  The one 'who took the Apple from the Tree', and shaking the Floppy of course, how apropos ;)

                                • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
                                  Message 16 of 17 , Oct 7, 2011
                                    Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> writes:

                                    >--20cf306f76c45a33f404aeb56b9d Content-Type: text/plain;
                                    >charset=ISO-8859-1
                                    >
                                    >On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 8:03 PM, <system@...> wrote:
                                    >
                                    >> Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> writes: > > >On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at
                                    >3:08 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote: > > > >> >>> OK... I
                                    >think you can all access this: > >
                                    >>http://news12.cv.net/video/4N1006CT.flv > > Thanks Brian. > > I will >
                                    >>double-check, but I think they mentioned InfoAge at some point > >
                                    >>before/during. > > > > > >Oh man, she is HOT !! > > The Apple-II or the
                                    >MacIntosh? > >
                                    >
                                    >The one 'who took the Apple from the Tree', and shaking the Floppy of
                                    >course, how apropos ;)

                                    It's a good thing the camera didn't focus in on Evan's woody! :D
                                  • RonK
                                    Message 17 of 17 , Oct 7, 2011
                                      Great to see my old Mac is still alive and kicking!

                                      Ron Kushnier