RE: [midatlanticretro] Looking for RF modulators

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 19 , Feb 3, 2006
      Yup, those are called RCA-to-coax adapters, you must've joined this thread late.  :)

      Say, Alfred, I don't think we have seen you here before.  Please introduce yourself.  (Yahoo profile says you're in Texas ... all are welcome here but as you may have read we're basically a mid-Atlantic group.)

      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 4, 2006
        There are lots of coax connectors, but the ones used by cable/TV
        are called "F" connectors. There's a chance that if you ask for
        generic coax stuff, the guy at Radio Shack might point you to the
        PL-259s, SO-239s, etc (do they even stock those anymore?).

        Bob

        Evan <evan947@...> wrote :

        > Yup, those are called RCA-to-coax adapters, you must've joined this
        > thread late.  :)
        >
        > Say, Alfred, I don't think we have seen you here before.  Please
        > introduce yourself.  (Yahoo profile says you're in Texas ... all are
        > welcome here but as you may have read we're basically a mid-Atlantic
        > group.)
        >

        > From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
        > [mailto:midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Alfred
        > ByrneSent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 8:33 AMTo:
        > midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.comSubject: Re: [midatlanticretro]
        > Looking for RF modulators
        >
        > Radio Shack has a cable adapter to adapt an RCA jack to the cable
        > connector on the back of the TV. On the new cable ready TV set
        > you don't need a 75 to 300 ohm converter/switch box.Chris M
        > <chrism3667@...> wrote:
        >
        > what
        > do you mean by old style? Old style TVs didnthave cable inputs. You
        > connected cable to the antennajacks by way of an impedance
        > matcher/adapter.Depending on what classic yer talking about, you
        > dontneed modulation, just a switch (those switches mayalso convert 75
        > to 300 ohms). Frinstance, the C64output channel 3 through the rca jack,
        > carrierlesscomposite video through the round din connector.---
        > midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com<starbase89@...>
        > wrote:> Kelly Leavitt wrote:> > >At least I think
        > that's what they were called. I'mlooking for those little>
        > >external switches to connect classics up to thecable inputs of
        > "standard"> >TVs. Any sources for the old style ones? I foundone
        > place that had them for> >$4.95 each. Can't find it again.>
        > >  > >>
        >

        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >

        >  Visit your group "

        ___________________________________
        NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
      • Alfred Byrne
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 4, 2006
          Hi Everyone,
          Yes I live in Ft. Worth, Texas.
          Joined the group a week or two ago. I was scanning
          the group section for Tandy related information. I
          have
          a Tandy 1000sx and a couple of Color Computers.
          Also hace a Packard Bell 8088 and a home-built
          286-16mhz
          system to play bouncing babys and wing commander.
          Started in computers when I built a s100 bus system in

          the early 70's using a z80 cpu.
          I have about 30 computer in all, Apple Mac's, Dos,
          Windows
          and Linux, Z80 to p4.

          --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:

          > Yup, those are called RCA-to-coax adapters, you
          > must've joined this thread
          > late. :)
          >
          > Say, Alfred, I don't think we have seen you here
          > before. Please introduce
          > yourself. (Yahoo profile says you're in Texas ...
          > all are welcome here but
          > as you may have read we're basically a mid-Atlantic
          > group.)
          >
          > _____

          =Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=yQK66sIa
          > fWZWnP-61n_BTQ> computer Computer

          2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=bvgAN5E
          > Yj4oAGQSA29LvCw> security Computer

          2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=E3VSZZU
          > ZIYQJD2FP1DwFdw> training
          > Field

          ter+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=6Bps2Ok95uCsZL
          > SwdHWZfg> trip
          >
          > _____
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >

          > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro
          > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro> "
          > on the web.

          > Yahoo! Terms of Service
          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
          >

          > _____

          Alfred L. Byrne
        • Alfred Byrne
          Message 4 of 19 , Feb 4, 2006
            Sounds like you guys a getting ready for some
            shin-dig.

            Alfred L. Byrne