Re: [midatlanticretro] "vintage" yahoo

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
      On 10/03/2011 08:11 PM, system@... wrote:
      >> yes, thousands of them. They were emailed to>>
      >> hostmaster@.... I also registered two /16s (then called>>
      >> "Class-Bs" for the network newbies here) and hundreds of /24s>>
      >> ("Class-Cs") via those folks. A few of their staffers came to work for
      >> DECsystem-20 running TOPS-20.
      >>
      >> The domreg system? Not then it didn't. There were a couple of
      >> Sun4-690MP systems there, running SunOS4.
      >
      > Then you're too young to remember. I cut my teeth on this thing then
      > known as ARPAnet/Milnet.

      I'm just talking about when I had contact with the InterNIC folk.
      This was from late 1992 until about 1997.

      Dave McGuire
      Port Charlotte, FL
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
        Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

        >On 10/03/2011 08:11 PM, system@... wrote: >> yes,
        >thousands of them. They were emailed to>> >> hostmaster@....
        >I also registered two /16s (then called>> >> "Class-Bs" for the network
        >newbies here) and hundreds of /24s>> >> ("Class-Cs") via those folks. A
        >few of their staffers came to work for >>>> us (Digex) after NetSol went
        >commercial.> > ...and it ran on a >> DECsystem-20 running TOPS-20. >>
        >>> The domreg system? Not then it didn't. There were a couple of >>
        >Sun4-690MP systems there, running SunOS4. > > Then you're too young to
        >remember. I cut my teeth on this thing then > known as ARPAnet/Milnet.
        >
        > I'm just talking about when I had contact with the InterNIC folk.
        >This was from late 1992 until about 1997.

        I thought the thread was waxing nostalgic re the internet.
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
          On 10/03/2011 08:17 PM, system@... wrote:
          > Dave McGuire<Mcguire@...> writes:
          >
          >> On 10/03/2011 08:11 PM, system@... wrote:>> yes,
          >> thousands of them. They were emailed to>> >> hostmaster@....
          >> I also registered two /16s (then called>> >> "Class-Bs" for the network
          >> newbies here) and hundreds of /24s>> >> ("Class-Cs") via those folks. A
          >> few of their staffers came to work for>>>> us (Digex) after NetSol went
          >> commercial.> > ...and it ran on a>> DECsystem-20 running TOPS-20.>>
          >> Sun4-690MP systems there, running SunOS4.> > Then you're too young to
          >> remember. I cut my teeth on this thing then> known as ARPAnet/Milnet.
          >>
          >> I'm just talking about when I had contact with the InterNIC folk.
          >> This was from late 1992 until about 1997.
          >
          > I thought the thread was waxing nostalgic re the internet.

          It was. Bill asked if anyone remembered the old procedures, and I
          did, so I related my experiences.

          Dave McGuire
          Port Charlotte, FL