Re: [midatlanticretro] "vintage" yahoo

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
      Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

      >On 10/03/2011 07:58 PM, system@... wrote: >> Oh
      >yes, thousands of them. They were emailed to >>
      >hostmaster@.... I also registered two /16s (then called >>
      >"Class-Bs" for the network newbies here) and hundreds of /24s >>
      >("Class-Cs") via those folks. A few of their staffers came to work for
      >>> us (Digex) after NetSol went commercial. > > ...and it ran on a
      >DECsystem-20 running TOPS-20.
      >
      > The domreg system? Not then it didn't. There were a couple of
      >Sun4-690MP systems there, running SunOS4.

      Then you're too young to remember. I cut my teeth on this thing then
      known as ARPAnet/Milnet.
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
        On 10/03/2011 08:11 PM, system@... wrote:
        >> yes, thousands of them. They were emailed to>>
        >> hostmaster@.... I also registered two /16s (then called>>
        >> "Class-Bs" for the network newbies here) and hundreds of /24s>>
        >> ("Class-Cs") via those folks. A few of their staffers came to work for
        >> DECsystem-20 running TOPS-20.
        >>
        >> The domreg system? Not then it didn't. There were a couple of
        >> Sun4-690MP systems there, running SunOS4.
        >
        > Then you're too young to remember. I cut my teeth on this thing then
        > known as ARPAnet/Milnet.

        I'm just talking about when I had contact with the InterNIC folk.
        This was from late 1992 until about 1997.

        Dave McGuire
        Port Charlotte, FL
      • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
          Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

          >On 10/03/2011 08:11 PM, system@... wrote: >> yes,
          >thousands of them. They were emailed to>> >> hostmaster@....
          >I also registered two /16s (then called>> >> "Class-Bs" for the network
          >newbies here) and hundreds of /24s>> >> ("Class-Cs") via those folks. A
          >few of their staffers came to work for >>>> us (Digex) after NetSol went
          >commercial.> > ...and it ran on a >> DECsystem-20 running TOPS-20. >>
          >>> The domreg system? Not then it didn't. There were a couple of >>
          >Sun4-690MP systems there, running SunOS4. > > Then you're too young to
          >remember. I cut my teeth on this thing then > known as ARPAnet/Milnet.
          >
          > I'm just talking about when I had contact with the InterNIC folk.
          >This was from late 1992 until about 1997.

          I thought the thread was waxing nostalgic re the internet.
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
            On 10/03/2011 08:17 PM, system@... wrote:
            > Dave McGuire<Mcguire@...> writes:
            >
            >> On 10/03/2011 08:11 PM, system@... wrote:>> yes,
            >> thousands of them. They were emailed to>> >> hostmaster@....
            >> I also registered two /16s (then called>> >> "Class-Bs" for the network
            >> newbies here) and hundreds of /24s>> >> ("Class-Cs") via those folks. A
            >> few of their staffers came to work for>>>> us (Digex) after NetSol went
            >> commercial.> > ...and it ran on a>> DECsystem-20 running TOPS-20.>>
            >> Sun4-690MP systems there, running SunOS4.> > Then you're too young to
            >> remember. I cut my teeth on this thing then> known as ARPAnet/Milnet.
            >>
            >> I'm just talking about when I had contact with the InterNIC folk.
            >> This was from late 1992 until about 1997.
            >
            > I thought the thread was waxing nostalgic re the internet.

            It was. Bill asked if anyone remembered the old procedures, and I
            did, so I related my experiences.

            Dave McGuire
            Port Charlotte, FL