Re: [midatlanticretro] "vintage" yahoo

    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
      On 10/03/2011 07:58 PM, system@... wrote:
      >> Oh yes, thousands of them. They were emailed to
      >> hostmaster@.... I also registered two /16s (then called
      >> "Class-Bs" for the network newbies here) and hundreds of /24s
      >> ("Class-Cs") via those folks. A few of their staffers came to work for
      >> us (Digex) after NetSol went commercial.
      >
      > ...and it ran on a DECsystem-20 running TOPS-20.

      The domreg system? Not then it didn't. There were a couple of
      Sun4-690MP systems there, running SunOS4.

      Dave McGuire
      Port Charlotte, FL
    • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
        Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

        >On 10/03/2011 07:58 PM, system@... wrote: >> Oh
        >yes, thousands of them. They were emailed to >>
        >hostmaster@.... I also registered two /16s (then called >>
        >"Class-Bs" for the network newbies here) and hundreds of /24s >>
        >("Class-Cs") via those folks. A few of their staffers came to work for
        >>> us (Digex) after NetSol went commercial. > > ...and it ran on a
        >DECsystem-20 running TOPS-20.
        >
        > The domreg system? Not then it didn't. There were a couple of
        >Sun4-690MP systems there, running SunOS4.

        Then you're too young to remember. I cut my teeth on this thing then
        known as ARPAnet/Milnet.
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
          On 10/03/2011 08:11 PM, system@... wrote:
          >> yes, thousands of them. They were emailed to>>
          >> hostmaster@.... I also registered two /16s (then called>>
          >> "Class-Bs" for the network newbies here) and hundreds of /24s>>
          >> ("Class-Cs") via those folks. A few of their staffers came to work for
          >> DECsystem-20 running TOPS-20.
          >>
          >> The domreg system? Not then it didn't. There were a couple of
          >> Sun4-690MP systems there, running SunOS4.
          >
          > Then you're too young to remember. I cut my teeth on this thing then
          > known as ARPAnet/Milnet.

          I'm just talking about when I had contact with the InterNIC folk.
          This was from late 1992 until about 1997.

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
            Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

            >On 10/03/2011 08:11 PM, system@... wrote: >> yes,
            >thousands of them. They were emailed to>> >> hostmaster@....
            >I also registered two /16s (then called>> >> "Class-Bs" for the network
            >newbies here) and hundreds of /24s>> >> ("Class-Cs") via those folks. A
            >few of their staffers came to work for >>>> us (Digex) after NetSol went
            >commercial.> > ...and it ran on a >> DECsystem-20 running TOPS-20. >>
            >>> The domreg system? Not then it didn't. There were a couple of >>
            >Sun4-690MP systems there, running SunOS4. > > Then you're too young to
            >remember. I cut my teeth on this thing then > known as ARPAnet/Milnet.
            >
            > I'm just talking about when I had contact with the InterNIC folk.
            >This was from late 1992 until about 1997.

            I thought the thread was waxing nostalgic re the internet.
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
              On 10/03/2011 08:17 PM, system@... wrote:
              > Dave McGuire<Mcguire@...> writes:
              >
              >> On 10/03/2011 08:11 PM, system@... wrote:>> yes,
              >> thousands of them. They were emailed to>> >> hostmaster@....
              >> I also registered two /16s (then called>> >> "Class-Bs" for the network
              >> newbies here) and hundreds of /24s>> >> ("Class-Cs") via those folks. A
              >> few of their staffers came to work for>>>> us (Digex) after NetSol went
              >> commercial.> > ...and it ran on a>> DECsystem-20 running TOPS-20.>>
              >> Sun4-690MP systems there, running SunOS4.> > Then you're too young to
              >> remember. I cut my teeth on this thing then> known as ARPAnet/Milnet.
              >>
              >> I'm just talking about when I had contact with the InterNIC folk.
              >> This was from late 1992 until about 1997.
              >
              > I thought the thread was waxing nostalgic re the internet.

              It was. Bill asked if anyone remembered the old procedures, and I
              did, so I related my experiences.

              Dave McGuire
              Port Charlotte, FL