Re: [midatlanticretro] "vintage" yahoo

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
      Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

      > Oh yes, thousands of them. They were emailed to
      >hostmaster@.... I also registered two /16s (then called
      >"Class-Bs" for the network newbies here) and hundreds of /24s
      >("Class-Cs") via those folks. A few of their staffers came to work for
      >us (Digex) after NetSol went commercial.

      ...and it ran on a DECsystem-20 running TOPS-20.
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
        On 10/03/2011 07:58 PM, system@... wrote:
        >> Oh yes, thousands of them. They were emailed to
        >> hostmaster@.... I also registered two /16s (then called
        >> "Class-Bs" for the network newbies here) and hundreds of /24s
        >> ("Class-Cs") via those folks. A few of their staffers came to work for
        >> us (Digex) after NetSol went commercial.
        >
        > ...and it ran on a DECsystem-20 running TOPS-20.

        The domreg system? Not then it didn't. There were a couple of
        Sun4-690MP systems there, running SunOS4.

        Dave McGuire
        Port Charlotte, FL
      • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
          Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

          >On 10/03/2011 07:58 PM, system@... wrote: >> Oh
          >yes, thousands of them. They were emailed to >>
          >hostmaster@.... I also registered two /16s (then called >>
          >"Class-Bs" for the network newbies here) and hundreds of /24s >>
          >("Class-Cs") via those folks. A few of their staffers came to work for
          >>> us (Digex) after NetSol went commercial. > > ...and it ran on a
          >DECsystem-20 running TOPS-20.
          >
          > The domreg system? Not then it didn't. There were a couple of
          >Sun4-690MP systems there, running SunOS4.

          Then you're too young to remember. I cut my teeth on this thing then
          known as ARPAnet/Milnet.
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
            On 10/03/2011 08:11 PM, system@... wrote:
            >> yes, thousands of them. They were emailed to>>
            >> hostmaster@.... I also registered two /16s (then called>>
            >> "Class-Bs" for the network newbies here) and hundreds of /24s>>
            >> ("Class-Cs") via those folks. A few of their staffers came to work for
            >> DECsystem-20 running TOPS-20.
            >>
            >> The domreg system? Not then it didn't. There were a couple of
            >> Sun4-690MP systems there, running SunOS4.
            >
            > Then you're too young to remember. I cut my teeth on this thing then
            > known as ARPAnet/Milnet.

            I'm just talking about when I had contact with the InterNIC folk.
            This was from late 1992 until about 1997.

            Dave McGuire
            Port Charlotte, FL
          • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
              Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

              >On 10/03/2011 08:11 PM, system@... wrote: >> yes,
              >thousands of them. They were emailed to>> >> hostmaster@....
              >I also registered two /16s (then called>> >> "Class-Bs" for the network
              >newbies here) and hundreds of /24s>> >> ("Class-Cs") via those folks. A
              >few of their staffers came to work for >>>> us (Digex) after NetSol went
              >commercial.> > ...and it ran on a >> DECsystem-20 running TOPS-20. >>
              >>> The domreg system? Not then it didn't. There were a couple of >>
              >Sun4-690MP systems there, running SunOS4. > > Then you're too young to
              >remember. I cut my teeth on this thing then > known as ARPAnet/Milnet.
              >
              > I'm just talking about when I had contact with the InterNIC folk.
              >This was from late 1992 until about 1997.

              I thought the thread was waxing nostalgic re the internet.
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 3, 2011
                On 10/03/2011 08:17 PM, system@... wrote:
                > Dave McGuire<Mcguire@...> writes:
                >
                >> On 10/03/2011 08:11 PM, system@... wrote:>> yes,
                >> thousands of them. They were emailed to>> >> hostmaster@....
                >> I also registered two /16s (then called>> >> "Class-Bs" for the network
                >> newbies here) and hundreds of /24s>> >> ("Class-Cs") via those folks. A
                >> few of their staffers came to work for>>>> us (Digex) after NetSol went
                >> commercial.> > ...and it ran on a>> DECsystem-20 running TOPS-20.>>
                >> Sun4-690MP systems there, running SunOS4.> > Then you're too young to
                >> remember. I cut my teeth on this thing then> known as ARPAnet/Milnet.
                >>
                >> I'm just talking about when I had contact with the InterNIC folk.
                >> This was from late 1992 until about 1997.
                >
                > I thought the thread was waxing nostalgic re the internet.

                It was. Bill asked if anyone remembered the old procedures, and I
                did, so I related my experiences.

                Dave McGuire
                Port Charlotte, FL