Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH IMSAI almost ready for sale

  • Mr Ian Primus
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 28, 2011
      --- On Wed, 9/28/11, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

      > What we are discussing is whether it's better to sell NOW
      > (for cheaper and
      > let the buyer do the fixing), or wait until I or you or
      > someone else gets
      > the thing running fully first and then sell it more or less
      > working.

      I think the selling it as-is is preferable. Half the fun of this hobby is diagnosing and fixing things, and the IMSAI is a joy to work on. It's fairly simple, well documented, and the front panel makes manually entering commands fun and easy. I had a great time getting mine working when I got it. Of course, something else broke a few months later and I haven't gotten to it yet - but I look forward to the debugging.

      -Ian