MARCH / Battleship New Jersey

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 28, 2011
      Guys,

      One of InfoAge's volunteers introduced me to a friend of his who is a
      high-level engineer on the preservation of the Battleship New Jersey.
      They need a few good-condition DC-100 tape cartridges for an HP-85
      system. Says the friend: "An interesting fact about the computers is
      that they were installed on the Iowa Class Battleships in 1984 to help
      improve the accuracy of the 800 lbs mechanical fire control computer
      known as the Mark 9 Range Keeper. We have the 1930 vintage mechanical
      computer running, now it is time for the little solid state gadget."

      Jeff J.: Do we have any such tapes to donate?

      Everyone else: I figure some of our members must have these tapes.
      Whoever can help, please let me know as soon as possible.