Re: Slackers for VCF East 3.0

  • Degnan
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2006
      I think that most everyone in this group has something to contribute
      to the VCF. I for one give the same points to a well put together
      exhibit featuring a relatively common IBM PC or TI 99/4A as I would
      a rarer or technically complex. Remember that the public will appreciate
      a down-to-earth display with recognizible software. I am sure that
      everyone in this group has at least one worthy system that has the
      potential to dazzle.

      Also consider that we have tons of systems at Info Age...perhaps
      you can pick one and do an exhibit around that. All you would have
      to do is prepare your supporting materials, show up, set up, and
      you're in business.

      What will set the great apart from the good is supporting documentation,
      posters/display, relevance, concept, and presentation...not necessarily
      the system itself.

      When you review exhibits from past VCF's (http://www.vintage.org/gallery.
      php) past you'll see very effective exhibits with familiar systems.

      Bill D
    • Chris M
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2006
        if someone were to bring a C64 running Alien Syndrome
        - imho BETTER then even the arcade version...ummmm
        displayed on a 19 inch (or larger ;) ) super fine
        pitch monitor, I for one wont hate them for it.
        --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com

        http://mail.yahoo.com