We're gonna be famous!

  • Evan
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2006
      Well, not quite famous. I was contacted yesterday by an independent TV
      production company. They're doing a commercial for the Bank of New York and
      they wanted to rent some old computers from us as props.

      I and Fred met the set designer at InfoAge today and she looked through our
      collections. She called me back just now and they decided to use our
      HP-2623A (see attachment) which is an engineering workstation but I guess
      they decided it's got a certain Jetsons look-and-feel that they like. They
      will also use some punch cards.

      They're paying us $300. That's the equivalent of gaining 15 club
      memberships or about 68% of our insurance quote. Not bad! And hopefully
      this can lead to some more work in the future. It's also a good idea that
      InfoAge overall can advertise the individual clubs or even the campus as
      being available to rent for film purposes. So if someone is making a movie
      with an old Army base scene, then there's the campus and the antique
      military vehicle club, plus InfoAge has got the diving museum folks, the
      radio club, etc. ... why not monetize it all, right?

      They will pick it up Monday afternoon. I or Fred will supervise the
      packing.

      I'll try to find out exactly when the commercial will air.

    • ysgdhio
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2006
        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan947@...> wrote:
        > I was contacted yesterday by an independent TV production company.
        [...]
        > They're paying us $300.

        Sweet!
        That's alot of junior bacon cheeseburgers. :-)

        Did that other movie thing pan out, or is this the same one?

        Andy
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2006
          Other movie thing never transpired, this is a new thing.

          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "ysgdhio" <ysgdhio@...> wrote:

          > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan" <evan947@> wrote:
          > > I was contacted yesterday by an independent TV production company.
          > [...]
          > > They're paying us $300.
          >
          > Sweet!
          > That's alot of junior bacon cheeseburgers. :-)
          >
          > Did that other movie thing pan out, or is this the same one?
          >
          > Andy

        • Brian Heise