Re: [midatlanticretro] Slackers for VCF East 3.0 (Was: This is cool!)

  • Degnan
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 3, 2006
      If you look at the collectible microcomputers book there is a picture
      of a B series commodore (CBM 256-80) with space invaders on it.
      I would love to get a copy of this program if anyone has one.
      Bill

      At Friday, 3 February 2006, you wrote:

      >I'm calling out the rest of you slackers! :) Andy M., Kelly,
      Jim O.,Scott A., Chris M., Sridhar, Jim S., Rich C., Frank O., Bill
      P., and others that I'm forgetting right now -- it is time for you
      guys to all sign
      > up...decloaking... Alright, alright [EVAN!].  I'm still here,
      just a slacker.  Consider this a  Cloak and Slacker operation....
      I hadn't decided yet about VCFE3-- my exhibit is light-weight.
      I had hoped at this point to have my ADM3a talking to my Kim-1.
      I still need to build a current loop to RS232 interface (anyone have
      a safe, ain't-going-to-damage-my-Kim-1, design?).    I want to write/find
      > some code for the Kim and, instead of a tape player for program
      storage, use my iPod!  "This is cool!" Also, in Trenton last year,
      some MARCHers made a pseudo challenge: have all the vintage machines
      playing Space Invaders.    Granted some versions would be text-based,
      but it sounded like fun.  Anyone working toward that?Scott Austin
      ---Brings words and photos together (easily) with
      >PhotoMail - it's free and works with Yahoo! Mail.

      > Vintage computer
      >
      > Computer security
      >
      > Computer training
      >
      > Field trip

      -- E N D --
    • Bob Applegate
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 3, 2006
        Scott Austin <us21090@...> wrote :

        > I'm calling out the rest of you slackers! :) Andy M., Kelly, Jim O.,Scott A., Chris M., Sridhar, Jim S., Rich C., Frank O., Bill P., and others that I'm forgetting right now -- it is time for you guys to all sign
        > up...decloaking... Alright, alright [EVAN!].  I'm still here, just a slacker.  Consider this a  Cloak and Slacker operation.... I hadn't decided yet about VCFE3-- my exhibit is light-weight.  I had hoped at this point to have my ADM3a talking to my Kim-1.  I still need to build a current loop to RS232 interface (anyone have a safe, ain't-going-to-damage-my-Kim-1, design?).    I want to write/find
        > some code for the Kim and, instead of a tape player for program storage, use my iPod!  "This is cool!" Also, in Trenton last year, some MARCHers made a pseudo challenge: have all the vintage machines playing Space Invaders.    Granted some versions would be text-based, but it sounded like fun.  Anyone working toward that?Scott Austin

        I have a decent RS-232 interface that I've used with my KIM for a couple years
        now. I can email a schematic done with expresspcb.com's software, if you want
        it. I have PC boards for a 4K memory expansion board, and am doing layout for
        another board to do RS-232 conversion and other stuff.

        Let me know if you're interested.

        Bob
        http://www.k2ut.org/kim.htm

        ___________________________________
        NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
      • Richard A. Cini
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 3, 2006
          Would absolutely be interested in a board. Count me in.

          > I'm calling out the rest of you slackers! :) Andy M., Kelly, Jim
          O.,Scott A., Chris M., Sridhar, Jim S., Rich C., Frank O., Bill P., and
          others that I'm forgetting right now -- it is time for you guys to all sign
          > up...decloaking... Alright, alright [EVAN!].  I'm still here, just
          a slacker.  Consider this a  Cloak and Slacker operation.... I
          hadn't decided yet about VCFE3-- my exhibit is light-weight.  I had
          hoped at this point to have my ADM3a talking to my Kim-1.  I still need
          to build a current loop to RS232 interface (anyone have a safe,
          ain't-going-to-damage-my-Kim-1, design?).    I want to
          write/find
          > some code for the Kim and, instead of a tape player for program storage,
          use my iPod!  "This is cool!" Also, in Trenton last year, some
          MARCHers made a pseudo challenge: have all the vintage machines playing
          Space Invaders.    Granted some versions would be text-based,
          but it sounded like fun.  Anyone working toward that?Scott Austin

          I have a decent RS-232 interface that I've used with my KIM for a couple
          years
          now. I can email a schematic done with expresspcb.com's software, if you
          want
          it. I have PC boards for a 4K memory expansion board, and am doing layout
          for
          another board to do RS-232 conversion and other stuff.

          Let me know if you're interested.

          Bob
          http://www.k2ut.org/kim.htm

        • Scott Austin
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 5, 2006
            Bob,

            That'd be great!   I gather a could use a MAX232-family chip, but I rather use a tried design.  I really intend to attach the Kim sometimes to my ADM3a and sometimes to a PC (for program storage).

            Scott

            Message: 3

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 5, 2006
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Scott Austin <us21090@...> wrote:
              > Also, in Trenton last year, some MARCHers made a pseudo challenge:
              have all the vintage machines playing Space Invaders. Granted some
              versions would be text-based, but it sounded like fun. Anyone working
              toward that?

              Scott,

              I might have been the one who instigated that at Trenton.
              I saw that we had Space Invaders up on the Atari 2600 by the door
              and knew I had a version for my little oddball SMC-70, so I began to
              ask around and see if any other folks had it for their machines.
              I'm pretty sure we had the majority of the systems there running
              Space Invaders for at least an hour, so I don't see why we couldn't
              do the same thing at VCF this year. (Perhaps we should schedule a
              specific "Space Invaders hour"?)

              Andy
              Not really a slacker, just not sure what to exhibit this year.

              P.S. Anyone want to exhibit an Amiga 2000HD? Contact me.
            • Joe Giliberti
              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 6, 2006
                ysgdhio wrote:
[...]

                Additionally, I might be able to find an original Space Invaders machine. For all I know, I'll have the MAME cabinet done by then.
              • Kelly Leavitt
                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 6, 2006
                  Don't forget to trim your posts :-)

                  Does anyone have space invaders for the TRS-80 CoCo? I have it for the model
                  III, IV and 4p.

                  I don't have, and I don't think there exists, one for the model II series,
                  although I can now boot them in ls-dos. Maybe I can copy over one from the 4
                  and see if it explodes...

                  Kelly
                • Bryan Pope
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 6, 2006
                    Kelly Leavitt wrote:
                    > Don't forget to trim your posts :-)
                    >
                    > Does anyone have space invaders for the TRS-80 CoCo? I have it for the model
                    > III, IV and 4p.

                    I found this:

                    http://nitros9.stg.net/colorspaceinvaders.html
                    http://nitros9.stg.net/spaceintruders.html
                    http://www.nickm.launch.net.au/ProjectArchive/intruders.html
                    http://www.discover-net.net/~dmkeil/coco/software/cococass.htm

                    Cheers,

                    Bryan
                  • Gene Ehrich
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 6, 2006
                      There is a Juki 6000 daisy wheel printer for sale on E-Bay

                      <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8762463159&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT>Juki
                      6000 daisywheel printer with interface