Lunch with Lee Felsenstein

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 23, 2011
      This one caught my eye, on Ebay:

      260855286624

      He's a "celebrity".

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 23, 2011

        On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 6:50 AM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

           This one caught my eye, on Ebay:

        260855286624

           He's a "celebrity".

        Now that is interesting.
        Maybe the March Museum can find somebody on the east coast and set up the same thing to raise money.

        =Dan

      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 23, 2011
          I may bid on that..

          I have a friend on the left coast that keeps bugging me to visit and I was thinking of taking the girlfriend..
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 23, 2011
            >>> 260855286624 He's a "celebrity".

            >> Now that is interesting. Maybe the March Museum can find somebody on the east coast and set up the same thing to raise money.

            Anyone who spends time with Lee is sure to enjoy it. He is a wonderful person and very friendly.

            He will personally tell anyone who asks that he did not "invent" the "first" portable computer. That is a nutty claim. Although I don't think the primary audience of that particular auction care about the details.

            I propose "Lunch with Loewen." For an extra $50 he'll play his tuba.
          • Kelly D. Leavitt
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 23, 2011
              > I propose "Lunch with Loewen." For an extra $50 he'll play his tuba.
              And for an extra $100 he'll leave it home. I thought Mike played the trombone.
            • Dan Roganti
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 23, 2011

                On Sep 23, 2011 8:42 AM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

                > >> Now that is interesting. Maybe the March Museum can find somebody on the east coast and set up the same thing to raise money.
                >
                > Anyone who spends time with Lee is sure to enjoy it. He is a wonderful person and very friendly.
                >
                > He will personally tell anyone who asks that he did not "invent" the "first" portable computer. That is a nutty claim. Although I don't think the primary audience of that particular auction care about the details.
                >
                > I propose "Lunch with Loewen." For an extra $50 he'll play his tuba.

                Oh yea, that's sure as hell better than Lunch with Snarc, with a note saying,  by paying an extra $50 you can avoid listening to his jokes ;)

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 23, 2011
                  >>> I thought Mike played the trombone.

                  Close enough. "Tuna, Tubby, Trombone!"

                  Sorry Mike. It was your turn. :)
                • Mike Loewen
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 23, 2011
                    On Fri, 23 Sep 2011, Kelly D. Leavitt wrote:

                    >> I propose "Lunch with Loewen." For an extra $50 he'll play his tuba.
                    > And for an extra $100 he'll leave it home. I thought Mike played the trombone.

                    Damn, the opportunites I miss from being away from the keyboard all
                    day...I was going to say exactly the same thing.

                    Actually, I play both professionally, along with euphonium and if
                    pressed, trumpet. That's how I get my "toy" money. :-)

                    Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 25, 2011
                      "euphonium"

                      Is that something that changes the words in rap to be politically correct?

                      Jim

                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 25, 2011
                        On Sun, 25 Sep 2011, Jim Scheef wrote:

                        > "euphonium"
                        >
                        > Is that something that changes the words in rap to be politically correct?

                        ...if only there were something that could change rap into music...

                        Mike Loewen mloewen@...