VC Festivus

    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 22, 2011
      Dec 3 (and, most likely, 4).

      I've only heard from a few people. More would be nice.

      Early December doesn't feel holidayish so we'll have to party extra-hardy.
    • Jeffrey Brace
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 24, 2011
        >Dec 3 (and, most likely, 4).
        >Early December doesn't feel holidayish so we'll have to party extra-hardy.

        It turns out my boss is intent on making me miss big MARCH events. He is
        trying to schedule *another* tournament for ... you guessed it, that same
        weekend as the holiday party. First I missed VCF, now the holiday party. I
        don't expect you to change it for me. But ... since it is early and not many
        have responded, maybe you can move it to the Dec. 10&11 ? Also this would
        make it feel more "holidayish". Don't you think ? ;)

        Jeff3 Brace
        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 24, 2011
          On 09/25/2011 01:22 AM, Jeffrey Brace wrote:
          >> Dec 3 (and, most likely, 4).
          >> Early December doesn't feel holidayish so we'll have to party extra-hardy.
          >
          > It turns out my boss is intent on making me miss big MARCH events. He is
          > trying to schedule *another* tournament for ... you guessed it, that same
          > weekend as the holiday party. First I missed VCF, now the holiday party. I
          > don't expect you to change it for me. But ... since it is early and not many
          > have responded, maybe you can move it to the Dec. 10&11 ? Also this would
          > make it feel more "holidayish". Don't you think ? ;)

          Just skip work. I'll write you a note.

          Dave McGuire
          Port Charlotte, FL
        • Kelly D. Leavitt
          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 25, 2011
            > since it is early and not many
            > have responded, maybe you can move it to the Dec. 10&11 ? Also this
            would
            > make it feel more "holidayish". Don't you think ? ;)

            And that would make it 3 years in a row that it would be the same day as
            my company party. For those that responded early, there probably was a
            real reason for doing so.
          • ysgdhio
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 25, 2011
              > Dec 3 (and, most likely, 4).

              I've already got a previous commitment on Dec 3.
              Seems other folks do too.

              Evan, maybe Dec 10/11 would work for more people?
              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 25, 2011
                > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Koblentz"<evan@...> wrote:
                >> Dec 3 (and, most likely, 4).
                > I've already got a previous commitment on Dec 3.
                > Seems other folks do too.
                >
                > Evan, maybe Dec 10/11 would work for more people?

                Works for me.
              • Kelly D. Leavitt
                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 25, 2011
                  >> Dec 3 (and, most likely, 4).
                  > I've already got a previous commitment on Dec 3.
                  > Seems other folks do too.
                  >
                  > Evan, maybe Dec 10/11 would work for more people?
                  >
                  > Works for me.
                  Then once again count me out. The 10th and the 24th are the only
                  weekends I can't make it.
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 25, 2011
                    >>> Dec 3 (and, most likely, 4).
                    >> I've already got a previous commitment on Dec 3.
                    >> Seems other folks do too.
                    >>
                    >> Evan, maybe Dec 10/11 would work for more people?
                    >>
                    >> Works for me.
                    > Then once again count me out. The 10th and the 24th are the only
                    > weekends I can't make it.

                    Obviously there are no dates accommodating everyone. For example, on the
                    17/18th I can't make it.

                    Jeff B. has worked his tail off for us this year, and he had to miss
                    VCF, so I'd like to accommodate his schedule if possible.
                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 26, 2011
                      At 10:50 PM 9/25/2011, you wrote:

                      > > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Evan Koblentz"<evan@...> wrote:
                      > >> Dec 3 (and, most likely, 4).
                      > > I've already got a previous commitment on Dec 3.
                      > > Seems other folks do too.
                      > >
                      > > Evan, maybe Dec 10/11 would work for more people?
                      >

                      >Works for me.

                      I don't believe I have any conflicts for either weekend as of now.
                      Message 10 of 21 , Oct 5, 2011
                        Thread died down, so there must not be any major objections to Dec.
                        10/11 .... I apologize to anyone who can't go that weekend, but it's
                        impossible to meet ALL schedules.
                        Message 11 of 21 , Oct 5, 2011
                          And what is the VCF E official date?

                          Message 12 of 21 , Oct 5, 2011
                            >> And what is the VCF E official date?

                            Working date is May 5-6, 2012. We can celebrate the end of the world.
                            Message 13 of 21 , Oct 5, 2011
                              ok site is updated

                              Message 14 of 21 , Oct 10, 2011
                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 10, 2011
                                  --- On Mon, 10/10/11, Jeffrey Brace <ark72axow@...> wrote:

                                  > Ian: Will you bring a TV for displaying movies ? I would
                                  > like to make a
                                  > special request and have you bring your Sega Genesis along
                                  > with Golden Axe
                                  > I, II & III

                                  Sure! I can bring that. I'll definitely be bringing TV's and video games again, and I can also bring a big set for movies. Last year I had that big console set, that worked out fairly well, - I've still got it, but I might have something larger.

                                  I definitely have the Sega.. trying to remember which Golden Axe games I have, but I think I have (or can get) all of them.

                                  Any other requests? I've got pretty much all the classic game systems...

                                  -Ian
                                • Kelly D. Leavitt
                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 10, 2011
                                    So, is it the 10th or 11th, or is it the 10th into the 11th?

                                    Kelly
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Oct 10, 2011
                                      10th into 11th.

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Oct 10, 2011
                                        Rats.

                                        ________________________________

                                        <mailto:midatlanticretro%40yahoogroups.com>
                                        Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 10:08:21
                                        To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com

                                        ------------------------------------
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Oct 10, 2011
                                          Semantics. It is both days.

                                          Message 20 of 21 , Oct 30, 2011
                                            Now that Base of Terror is over. The next time I am at Infoage I will start
                                            getting the Telecom building ready and cleaned up for our party. Maybe Nov.
                                            13.

                                            I started a google docs spreadsheet for what everyone is bringing.
                                            https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aot1Lys9TBOPdG4yczNPNFR1Z2hDT3pmWVdla1BqZ1E
                                            (small URL: http://urql.com/gvzv) I figured this is a great way to get
                                            organized.

                                            Also another google spreadsheet for what items people will be brining:
                                            https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aot1Lys9TBOPdGsxaDlkeW44WE1ldzhUYU9PVG14aFE
                                            (small URL: http://urql.com/hgdv)

                                            We won't be using a charcoal grill this time, but will use a propane one. It
                                            will allow for fast startup at any time during the party.

                                            I'd like to get as much set up as possible by the end of November because I
                                            won't be able to do anything the weekend before the party. So I hope
                                            everyone will let me know if there is anything they need set up ahead of
                                            time.
                                            Message 21 of 21 , Oct 30, 2011
                                              >>> The next time I am at Infoage I will start getting the Telecom building ready and cleaned up for our party.

                                              Check with Fred first. There may be other events in that space before ours.