Slackers for VCF East 3.0 (Was: This is cool!)

  • Scott Austin
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 3 2:18 PM
      I'm calling out the rest of you slackers! :) Andy M., Kelly, Jim O.,
      Scott A., Chris M., Sridhar, Jim S., Rich C., Frank O., Bill P., and others that I'm forgetting right now -- it is time for you guys to all sign up
      ...decloaking...

      Alright, alright [EVAN!].  I'm still here, just a slacker.  Consider this a  Cloak and Slacker operation....

      I hadn't decided yet about VCFE3-- my exhibit is light-weight.  I had hoped at this point to have my ADM3a talking to my Kim-1.  I still need to build a current loop to RS232 interface (anyone have a safe, ain't-going-to-damage-my-Kim-1, design?).    I want to write/find some code for the Kim and, instead of a tape player for program storage, use my iPod!  "This is cool!"

      Also, in Trenton last year, some MARCHers made a pseudo challenge: have all the vintage machines playing Space Invaders.    Granted some versions would be text-based, but it sounded like fun.  Anyone working toward that?

      Scott Austin

    • Richard A. Cini
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 3 2:42 PM

        I’m here, I’m here. I’m not intentionally slacking but the two exhibits I wanted to do are developing sooooo slowly that I don’t feel comfortable committing yet. I had two displays in mind – my IMSAI with dual 8” drives and the Altair32 Emulator with the USB front panel.

        Oh, and I do have a 20mA interface schematic for the KIM-1 somewhere. It was in the 5/76 issue of BYTE and it used optocouplers. Honestly, though, I built it but got sidetracked and never used it.

        There’s also a resistor-transistor version in Kim Notes Volume 0 (available on www.6502.org).

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 3 3:09 PM
          If you look at the collectible microcomputers book there is a picture
          of a B series commodore (CBM 256-80) with space invaders on it.
          I would love to get a copy of this program if anyone has one.
          Bill

          At Friday, 3 February 2006, you wrote:

          >I'm calling out the rest of you slackers! :) Andy M., Kelly,
          Jim O.,Scott A., Chris M., Sridhar, Jim S., Rich C., Frank O., Bill
          P., and others that I'm forgetting right now -- it is time for you
          guys to all sign
          > up...decloaking... Alright, alright [EVAN!].  I'm still here,
          just a slacker.  Consider this a  Cloak and Slacker operation....
          I hadn't decided yet about VCFE3-- my exhibit is light-weight.
          I had hoped at this point to have my ADM3a talking to my Kim-1.
          I still need to build a current loop to RS232 interface (anyone have
          a safe, ain't-going-to-damage-my-Kim-1, design?).    I want to write/find
          > some code for the Kim and, instead of a tape player for program
          storage, use my iPod!  "This is cool!" Also, in Trenton last year,
          some MARCHers made a pseudo challenge: have all the vintage machines
          playing Space Invaders.    Granted some versions would be text-based,
          but it sounded like fun.  Anyone working toward that?Scott Austin
          ---Brings words and photos together (easily) with
          >PhotoMail - it's free and works with Yahoo! Mail.

          > Vintage computer
          >
          > Computer security
          >
          > Computer training
          >
          > Field trip

          -- E N D --
        • Bob Applegate
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 3 4:52 PM
            Scott Austin <us21090@...> wrote :

            > I'm calling out the rest of you slackers! :) Andy M., Kelly, Jim O.,Scott A., Chris M., Sridhar, Jim S., Rich C., Frank O., Bill P., and others that I'm forgetting right now -- it is time for you guys to all sign
            > up...decloaking... Alright, alright [EVAN!].  I'm still here, just a slacker.  Consider this a  Cloak and Slacker operation.... I hadn't decided yet about VCFE3-- my exhibit is light-weight.  I had hoped at this point to have my ADM3a talking to my Kim-1.  I still need to build a current loop to RS232 interface (anyone have a safe, ain't-going-to-damage-my-Kim-1, design?).    I want to write/find
            > some code for the Kim and, instead of a tape player for program storage, use my iPod!  "This is cool!" Also, in Trenton last year, some MARCHers made a pseudo challenge: have all the vintage machines playing Space Invaders.    Granted some versions would be text-based, but it sounded like fun.  Anyone working toward that?Scott Austin

            I have a decent RS-232 interface that I've used with my KIM for a couple years
            now. I can email a schematic done with expresspcb.com's software, if you want
            it. I have PC boards for a 4K memory expansion board, and am doing layout for
            another board to do RS-232 conversion and other stuff.

            Let me know if you're interested.

            Bob
            http://www.k2ut.org/kim.htm

            ___________________________________
            NOCC, http://nocc.sourceforge.net
          • Richard A. Cini
            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 3 6:22 PM
              Would absolutely be interested in a board. Count me in.

              Message 6 of 11 , Feb 5 12:06 PM
                Bob,

                That'd be great!   I gather a could use a MAX232-family chip, but I rather use a tried design.  I really intend to attach the Kim sometimes to my ADM3a and sometimes to a PC (for program storage).

                Scott

                Message: 3

                Message 7 of 11 , Feb 5 9:35 PM
                  --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Scott Austin <us21090@...> wrote:
                  > Also, in Trenton last year, some MARCHers made a pseudo challenge:
                  have all the vintage machines playing Space Invaders. Granted some
                  versions would be text-based, but it sounded like fun. Anyone working
                  toward that?

                  Scott,

                  I might have been the one who instigated that at Trenton.
                  I saw that we had Space Invaders up on the Atari 2600 by the door
                  and knew I had a version for my little oddball SMC-70, so I began to
                  ask around and see if any other folks had it for their machines.
                  I'm pretty sure we had the majority of the systems there running
                  Space Invaders for at least an hour, so I don't see why we couldn't
                  do the same thing at VCF this year. (Perhaps we should schedule a
                  specific "Space Invaders hour"?)

                  Andy
                  Not really a slacker, just not sure what to exhibit this year.

                  P.S. Anyone want to exhibit an Amiga 2000HD? Contact me.
                • Joe Giliberti
                  Message 8 of 11 , Feb 6 11:00 AM
                    ysgdhio wrote:
[...]

                    Additionally, I might be able to find an original Space Invaders machine. For all I know, I'll have the MAME cabinet done by then.
                  • Kelly Leavitt
                    Message 9 of 11 , Feb 6 11:23 AM
                      Don't forget to trim your posts :-)

                      Does anyone have space invaders for the TRS-80 CoCo? I have it for the model
                      III, IV and 4p.

                      I don't have, and I don't think there exists, one for the model II series,
                      although I can now boot them in ls-dos. Maybe I can copy over one from the 4
                      and see if it explodes...

                      Kelly
                    • Bryan Pope
                      Message 10 of 11 , Feb 6 11:44 AM
                        Kelly Leavitt wrote:
                        > Don't forget to trim your posts :-)
                        >
                        > Does anyone have space invaders for the TRS-80 CoCo? I have it for the model
                        > III, IV and 4p.

                        I found this:

                        http://nitros9.stg.net/colorspaceinvaders.html
                        http://nitros9.stg.net/spaceintruders.html
                        http://www.nickm.launch.net.au/ProjectArchive/intruders.html
                        http://www.discover-net.net/~dmkeil/coco/software/cococass.htm

                        Cheers,

                        Bryan
                      • Gene Ehrich
                        Message 11 of 11 , Feb 6 1:45 PM
                          There is a Juki 6000 daisy wheel printer for sale on E-Bay

                          <http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8762463159&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT>Juki
                          6000 daisywheel printer with interface