Re: [midatlanticretro] This is cool! PDP exhibits

    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 3, 2006
      David and Jeff,

      Could you guys network your systems or somehow share terminals? I can bring
      my ADM 3a if you need an extra/different terminal.

      Jim

      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 3, 2006
        Kelly,

        I recently "discovered" that I have two Tandy 600's. You can have one which
        I'll bring down on my next trip. At least one of these worked a few years
        ago. I do not know their current condition.

        Jim

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 3, 2006
          Evan,

          The Osborn was the first luggable and defined the genre. Kaypro produced both
          CP/M and MS/DOS models. Compaq was the first luggable PCompatible.

          Jim

          --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:

          > Thanks Sridhar, but it makes sense for me to use to MARCH-owned system.
          >
          > Or rather, of the foursome -- IBM, Kaypro, Osborne, Compaq -- which came
          > first? (I really need to get new copy of Mike N.'s book. I keep hoping my
          > copy will turn up but it's still lost.)
          >

          > _____

          =Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=yQK66sIa
          > fWZWnP-61n_BTQ> computer Computer

          2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=bvgAN5E
          > Yj4oAGQSA29LvCw> security Computer

          2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=E3VSZZU
          > ZIYQJD2FP1DwFdw> training
          > Field

          ter+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.sig=6Bps2Ok95uCsZL
          > SwdHWZfg> trip
          >
          > _____
          >
          > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >

          > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro

          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
          >

          > _____

        • Greg N Shari
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 4, 2006
            So where does the Commodore SX-64 fit into the scheme of things?

            Greg

            --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Sridhar, but it makes sense for me to use to MARCH-owned system.

            > Or rather, of the foursome -- IBM, Kaypro, Osborne, Compaq -- which came
            > first?  (I really need to get new copy of Mike N.'s book.  I keep hoping my
            > copy will turn up but it's still lost.)

            >   _____

          • David Gesswein
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 4, 2006
              > David and Jeff,
              >
              > Could you guys network your systems or somehow share terminals? I can bring
              > my ADM 3a if you need an extra/different terminal.

              PDP-8's don't have much support for networking. The primary console will
              be my ASR-33 teletype. If I get the second serial port setup and
              can get one of the multi user edusystems working I will also bring
              a VT52.
            • Degnan
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 4, 2006
                first color laptop
                bill d

                At Saturday, 4 February 2006, you wrote:

                >So
                >where does the Commodore SX-64 fit into the scheme of
                >things?

                >Greg
                >
                > -----Original Message-----From:
                > midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
                > [mailto:midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Jim
                > ScheefSent: Friday, February 03, 2006 12:49 PMTo:
                > midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.comSubject: RE: [midatlanticretro]
                > This is cool! - Luggable historyEvan,The
                > Osborn was the first luggable and defined the genre. Kaypro produced
                > bothCP/M and MS/DOS models. Compaq was the first luggable
                > PCompatible.Jim--- Evan <evan947@...>
                > wrote:> Thanks Sridhar, but it makes sense for me to use to
                > MARCH-owned system.>  > Or rather, of the foursome -- IBM,
                > Kaypro, Osborne, Compaq -- which came> first?  (I really need to
                > get new copy of Mike N.'s book.  I keep hoping my> copy will turn
                > up but it's still lost.)>  > >
                > _____  > > From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
                sig=yQK66sIa>
                > fWZWnP-61n_BTQ> computer
                > Computer><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+security&w1=Vintage+computer&w>2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.
                sig=bvgAN5E>
                > Yj4oAGQSA29LvCw> security
                > Computer><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+training&w1=Vintage+computer&w>2=Computer+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.
                sig=E3VSZZU>
                > ZIYQJD2FP1DwFdw> training       >
                > Field><http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Field+trip&w1=Vintage+computer&w2=Compu>ter+security&w3=Computer+training&w4=Field+trip&c=4&s=84&.
                sig=6Bps2Ok95uCsZL>
                > SwdHWZfg> trip       > >
                > _____  > > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS > > >
                >       > *      Visit
                > your group "midatlanticretro> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/midatlanticretro>

                > " on the web.>   > >
                > *      To unsubscribe from this group, send an email
                > to:>  midatlanticretro-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com>

                > >   > > *      Your
                > use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service>
                <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>

                > Vintage computer
                >
                > Computer security
                >
                > Computer training