Re: [midatlanticretro] Maker Faire update

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 18, 2011
      Yes, I saw and said hello to Steve. I may not have seen or recognized the others. It was an excellent job from Infoage and the member organizations. When I was there, two kids were working away on the ASR33, oblivious to the rest of the world.

      Jim

      On 9/18/2011 2:04 PM, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      >>> with Joe G and Evan each handling their parts of the tent

      Lots of other InfoAge people working the booth: Steve and Matt R. (both of NJARC): Dan W., and Marah (both of IXR); and our own Jeff(s) B./J.

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 26 3:48 PM
        Folks,

        For next month's World Maker Faire, we are showing several eight-bitters
        adjacent to their emulated versions on Android tablets (we invested in
        four cheap tablets and stands to hold them, which we'll use in the
        museum post-show.)

        MARCH will bring an Atari 800 and Commodore 64. Doug will bring a TRS-80
        and Apple //e. Chances are, Bill Winters / Anthony Becker will bring an
        Amiga 500 (but that's not yet finalized).

        Each computer will have a half-dozen or so programs that show what it
        can do. Each of the four tablets will have the same matching programs
        for each of the five computers.

        That's all we have room for in the exhibit. (I really appreciate
        everyone else who offered in public/private to bring other systems, but
        we're all set.) We're all set with volunteers too.

        As usual, Maker Faire tickets are at a premium. We * might * have some
        extra. I'll ping the list when I find out.